Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.5 4 0.5
Lipsticks April 04, 2013 242
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I chose 3 of these Colour Balm Lipsticks when I won the Stila No Mirror Makeup Challenge. The colors were
Gabrielle (Nude Pink)
Betsey (Fuchsia)
Amelia (pink taupe)
As you can see, I chose a variety of pinks because I always looks for a very flushed color when I apply lip balms. I prefer natural colors with a hint of color. What I love most about these balms are that they are build able. One swipe and you have a slightly tinted lip but had another two swipes and you have a rich and pigmented lip.
Betsey is a very bright pink in the tube but can look very sheer on the lips. Gabrielle and Amelia are very similar in color but Gabrielle is more nude and Amelia is more pink. They both look very natural on your lips. Even when you apply a few layers, it still looks very natural.
These lipsticks are incredibly moisturizing while still being functional .A lot of balms are clear while these have quite a bit of color.
This bam also contains peppermint. It smells and tastes like peppermint. I have friends that absolutely love this. They steal my balms all the time. Personally, I am not a fan of mint in general so I do not like this. A plus for me though is that the smell disappears after a while.
The packaging is clever too. The word Stila is cut out of the canister and you can see what color lipstick you are reaching for. You do not need to look at the bottom of the lipstick for the name. There is also a mirror on the top of the canister which comes in handy.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply