Review Detail

4.2 133 0.5
BB Creams May 13, 2013 1299
Ponds BB Cream in Beige
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I'm not a fan or devotee of PONDS products but being on trend meant I had to try their version of the famous BB Cream. I've been using their Beige coloured cream or a month now(not everyday) and am very impressed.

POND'S unfortunately only released 2 colours that work best for African skin tones, luckily the beige and chocolate fit into the Indian spectrum of tones as well. The packaging is the typical silver and glossy pink, somewhat expected from Ponds. This to me was dissapointing, especially since the Chocolate colour was formulated right here in South Africa! Some homage to the country would have been a nice idea and would've helped spark interest in proudly South African initiatives.

The exciting bit of the POND'S BB Cream is that it contains NO Titanium Oxide. This is the teeny culprit responsible for giving skin an ashy/grey look. The formula glides onto the face smoothly and blends seamlessly. With an SPF30 protection it also helps to protect skin- cover and protection in one product.

I wasnt happy with the price sitting at R90 for a 25ml tube, even more so when POND'S is synonomous with being the people's product. But with all the advancements Pond's is making to their beauty and skin-care line their fast becoming a luxury brand with a price tag to match.

Definitely is one of the better BB Creams I've tried and will be in my make-up bag for when I need matte looking, covered and protected skin.
POND'S has once again cemented their status with South Africans in bringing out a product that suits us best :D

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply