fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.6 3 0.5
Bath Soaps, Cleansers, Washes June 18, 2013 580
Lux Scarlet Blossom Body Wash - Exotic experience
I received my Lux Scarlet Blossom in the mail and felt like I’d received a surprise belated birthday gift. I didn’t want to be swayed by the caption on the bottle so I resisted reading anything more than “Scarlet Blossom”. I flicked open the lid expecting to see the familiar beige or white wash but was pleasantly surprised to see the pretty red shade.

I closed my eyes so that nothing could detract from my first sniff and first impression. A caravan of camels walking slowly over tangerine coloured dunes sprang to mind. And on the camels’ backs, beautiful Egyptian women ordained in gold jewellery and burgundy and purple silks. The air was silent except for the gentle tinkle of gold cups strung over the camels’ backs.

I found this quite odd as I only read the caption afterwards which reads, “For an enigmatic scent of Egyptian Violet & Elemi Oil with Fragrance Pearls that last.” And that’s no exaggeration. The scent does last for long after your shower and quickly brings back to my mind those exotic images. If that’s what they were trying to achieve, then they certainly got it right.

The next step was to try this wonderfully smelling body wash. So I settled my eight year old in the bath and then stepped into the shower. They suggest a teaspoon of the body wash, but even that was too much, such was the wonderful rich scarlet wash. The heat of the shower intensified the wonderful fragrance.

A few minutes later a little voice with a touch of sadness came from the bath, “Ah, you smell nicer than me.”

I smiled. “Would you like some?”

“Yes please,” came the reply.

So shivering I quickly tiptoed to her in the bath and squeezed a little onto her sponge.

“It’s red,” she exclaimed with glee and proceeded to soap herself. It seems that she too was surprised by the pretty red shade.

“Ah, I’m all red,” she said smiling. “It smells so nice.”

I continued with my shower. I couldn’t see her through the misted shower glass but I could hear that she was taken by the body wash. “I’m going to get me some,” she said with determination. “It’s ‘lekka’.”

With its pretty shade and its exotic smell, the product falls nicely into Lux’s range of products. Its rich lather transports you briefly to a time where a touch of luxury was the norm.

So actually this product was reviewed twice; once by me and I was totally sold, and once unknowingly and totally unbiased in every way by an eight year old who was totally enthralled by it.

If tonight’s bath time was such a pleasant experience, I can only imagine what tomorrow’s will be like. And I can’t wait!
P
Top 1000 Reviewer 9 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply