Review Detail

4.0 1 0.5
Cleansers,Toners,Washes March 30, 2014 531
Justine 3 Step Hydrating Range
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Justine a South African skin care brand was founded over 40 years ago.It is well know for it iconic tissue oil.I was given the hydrating range to test and review over three weeks ago.The first thing I noticed was that listed in the ingredients were various parabans,which I was not happy to see.Most skin care companies have removed these nasty ingredients and become greener and more environmentally friendly.I was surprised and dissapointed that Justine was not one of them.The second thing I attended to was smelling the products.The smell was acceptable but seemed rather chemical and artificial to me,which did not appeal to my senses.I have been spoilt using Decleor products which are based on aromatherapy oils and smell incredible and natural,so my judgement may be a little harsh in this context.I would not purchase products if they smelt like this personally and by choice as I prefer a more natural smell.

The first step in this skin care regime was cleansing with the Hydrating Cream Cleanser,which comes in a 150 ml tube priced at R160.The texture is thick and creamy and it can be used with water or tissued off.Although its supposed to be hydrating,my skin felt rather dry after using it.I don't wear a lot of makeup except on the odd occasion so I don't know how effective it is in this department.

The second step was using the Hydrating Toning Gel which comes in a 200 ml bottle and is priced at R160.The gel like texture is very cooling but difficult to use as it slips of the cotton wool pads.I found myself pressing it into the cotton wool pads to make it usable.It is used to remove any traces of cleanser and smooth and hydrate the skin.I did not find it hydrating and rather drying for my skin.

The third and final step was applying the Hydrating Day Cream SPF 15.This comes in a 50 ml jar and is priced at R245.It is a thick cream but spreads quite well and is quickly absorbed by the skin.Again I did not find it hydrating enough for my skin but still acceptable as a day cream.

It would have been nice to have received the matching Hydrating Night Cream that comes in this range which I believe would have given one a better overall result.

The range is very easy to use and affordable but if one is used to a more high end brand,it would not be appealing.My skin although feeling a bit dry looks clear and supple.I would say someone who has no skin routine would find this range a great way to start looking after their skin as it is easy to maintain in terms of time and affordability and its 3 step daytime regime easy to keep up.

Skin Results after applying Justine 3 Step Hydrating Range.Smooth and moisterised but a little red.
Justine Hydrating Toning Gel Swatch
Justine Hydrating Cream Cleanser Swatch
Justine Hydrating 3 Step SKin Care
Skin Results after applying Justine 3 Step Hydrating Range.Smooth and moisterised but a little red.
Justine Hydrating Day Cream SPF 15 Swatch
Justine Hydrating Toning Gel Swatch
Justine Hydrating 3 Step SKin Care
R
3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply