Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.6 15 0.5
Hair Dyes March 19, 2013 618
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Overall I was very impressed with the Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Colour hair dye. Not only is the product relatively inexpensive, but it is also user friendly and offered great results.

The packaging and information leaflet was extremely user friendly and easy to use. The contents were well labelled and the leaflet had simple step-by-step images to guide you through the process so there wasn’t a lot of reading to do, which sped up the process A LOT, and guaranteed that you would do it right the first time. The box clearly stated and illustrated the hair dye colour as well as the safety instructions. It also gave a pretty accurate and useful idea of the dye result according to your natural hair colour. I also loved the fact that the box had a little pop out section that you could place the hair dye bottle in once you had mixed the ingredients, which meant that you could easily and safely place the bottle down in between applications and not worry about staining furniture surfaces.

Application of the product was a bit tricky for me to do on my own, so I did ask for assistance from my sister, but I know that it is possible to do it on your own, as my sister always applies her hair dye all by herself. The dye doesn’t trip and doesn’t stain your skin as easily as other hair dyes that I have used. I actually had no stains whatsoever. Although, I did make an effort to wipe the dye off as soon as we noticed any that made contact with my skin. There was just enough hair dye to cover all my hair, which kind of shocked me. Although I have long hair, my hair is also very thin, and with most hair dyes there has always been some hair dye left that we had to throw away. Thus, if you have thick hair or really long hair I would strongly suggest that you buy two boxes, just to make sure that there is enough to cover all your hair.

The product itself is amazing. Firstly, it smells terrific – a subtle, sweet and fruity scent. It has been more than a week now and after washing my hair almost every day my hair still smells like the hair dye. Secondly, the colour of my hair after the product was applied is fantastic. It is rich, shiny and truly radiant. It doesn’t look dull or flat at all. It was also very similar to the colour results suggested on the box, which means you will get the colour that you were expecting. Thirdly, my hair has also been feeling super soft. Even as I was rinsing off the dye it already felt super soft and after over a week it still feels amazing (granted, I have been conditioning my hair and using a hair mask as usual). Additional bonus… the hair colour hasn’t really faded… or not so much that I have been able to tell.

Thus, there really isn’t anything bad that I can say about this product. It was a pleasure to use and offered great results. I will definitely be trying some of the other various shades!

M
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply