Quality

Effectiveness

Even though it's pricey, I would get it again
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

6 results - showing 1 - 6
Ordering
March 04, 2011
Hey Jade. What do you mean pores cant really be minimized!? You've just broken my already tender heart! LOL What do u suggest I can use that will realistically work? Is that even possible?
J
janis
March 08, 2011
In reply to an earlier comment

Hi Janis, sorry I've only seen this comment now. It's like your pore size is your pore size, and nothing can make it smaller but with skin refining treatments like peels, microneedling and AHA products the texture can be improved hugely so it makes them look better just like the illusionist type product (like the idealist). My skin is oily so it's a pain in the A to keep my pores in check
JL
Jade Lotus
March 08, 2011

Ok cool. I've been doing 40% lactic acid peels since December but haven't really noticed a difference in pore size. It has helped with my acne scarring and keeping my skin blemish free. Should I try Glycolic peels next?
J
janis
March 08, 2011

Hi Janis, what's really good for pigmented Acne scarring is also a Beta peel (beta hydroxy acid) but like a low 15% _ Regim A has one and lamelle has one. Like when you talk about your pores are you referring to the ice-pick scars/pocks after acne - for that either non-ablative Fraxel or 1.5mm(for scarring) medical Microneedling is the bomb.
Large pores are commonly believed to be caused by two things: genetics and age. As we age, we loose elasticity in the skin that keeps pores tighter, and some people are simply born with a skin-type that has tendency towards large pores. So you can minimize their appearence with skin refining treatments. Although Fraxel and Microneedling (0.5mm if it's not Acne scarring) actually stimulate Fibroblast activity in your dermis (they are the cells that make collagen and elastin )
JL
Jade Lotus
March 08, 2011

Thanks for ur reply! Is microneedling painful in any way? I'm going to try a Beta peel next. Thanks for the info!
J
janis
March 08, 2011

It's a bit uncomfortable and after you feel sunburnt, the you peel _ I have a few notes for a blog post on it. I put a strong topical anaesthetic for myself and patients I've rolled. Sigh so have to get down to it. Hope you feel better janis and good luck with your assignment
JL
Jade Lotus
6 results - showing 1 - 6

Leave a Reply