Review Detail

4.4 47 0.5
Eyeshadows August 12, 2013 1050
Avon True Colour Eyeshadow Quad
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I received two eyeshadow quads from Avon to test. The combos I received were Mocha Latte and Metal Eyes. I preferred the Mocha Latte quad, but that's just purely personal taste. The Metal Eyes quad is more suited to a night out, with metallic, shimmery shades of gold, silver and browns. The Mocha Latte is much better suited to everyday use for work and meetings, with the colour combinations being much more subtle - varying shades of browns and a deep bronze.

The quality of the makeup itself is great. It feels luxurious, applies smoothly and lasts all day. The compact is a good size, easy for popping in your makeup bag or handbag. The mirror is a good size, and the compact can open wide enough for you to actually see what you're doing if you don't have time to do your makeup at home.The only complaint I have is the applicator doesn't work as well as I hoped. The sponge applicator makes blending somewhat more difficult, and since you have 4 shades, every side of the sponge applicator must have a designated colour, and you must keep to it. Even so, I just cleaned one of my other brushes, and after applying each shade, I used that brush to blend the colours together.

On the back of the box there is a handy guide showing you where to apply which shade, with the makeup itself being numbered as well. I even mixed two shades from the Mocha Latte compact with two shades of the Metal Eyes that worked out really well, and it looked great for my dinner date. I also use shade number 1 not only on my brow bone, but also on the inside corner of my eye to make it look bigger and more awake. For work, I use just the Mocha Latte palette, after which I line my upper lid with liquid liner as well, just to finish off the look. Slap on some blush and mascara, and you are good to go!

This is a great product for any woman to have. It's ease of use alone makes it invaluable, but also having the complimentary colours already picked out for you, takes care of the guesswork.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
April 09, 2015
Love this review. I also like the Mocha Latte quad do to the natural look and find that the example on the back of the package is very helpful. For similar products check out my estore at https://andreafitch.avonrepresentative.com/
B
Busymamabeautybasics
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply