4.7 10 0.5
Styling Products September 10, 2013 341
Casual Hairstyles made even easier
(Updated: July 07, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

As a child I sang in the primary school choir. Before every event, our hair was french braided and ruthlessly hairsprayed and or gelled into submission. I remember that my hair would be very...ah, solid, after being sprayed and only after shampooing it twice would the hairspray release its hold. Needless to say, I have not touched the stuff since.

I received an envelope with two rather daunting bottles of hairstyling products in August (yes, 2013) from Beauty Bulletin. Considering that I had just got a rather disasterous haircut that went rather well with the several peronal crises I found myself in, I locked these bottles away until recently.

My hair had grown and the disasterous and unflattering haircut was no more. My life was back on track and I finally had the guts to try using hairspray. This was a big step as even blowdrying hair is something I almost never do.

I started experimenting with the Toni & Guy Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray. What I noticed immediately was that it tends to dry out my hair if I use it too much, but that is the only con. I spray it onto my semi-dry hair and gently work it through with my fingers. When my hair eventually dries, it does the best impression of curling it can - which says a lot as my hair just does not curl.

The Toni & Guy Flexible Hold Hairspray was still sitting silently in my closet, trying to win my confidence, but not doing very well. Now, I have thick, straight hair that does not take kindly to doing what is expected of it (a little bit like me). Most mornings I twist it up and use a clip to keep it there, but some days it just does not like to stay up. One morning, out of desperation I attacked it with the hairspray - and you know what? It was love at first spray! It does not create a hard helmet on top of your head. It is almost like spraying an invisible (and not so icky) spiderweb onto your hair. You cannot see it and its hold is almost invisible, yet incredibly strong.

Lately I have started to spray the Sea Salt Texturising Spray onto my hair and then the Flexible Hold Hairspray just on the area around my face to keep the hair in place. It works, it is completely invisible and it smells great.

In less that a month I have gone from being afraid of styling products to being afraid of running out! Give it a try, you might just love it as well.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply