Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.3 2 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers February 29, 2012 111
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I have been contemplating whether I should buy this product for a while now. I am a fan of matte lipsticks and stay all day lipsticks which usually shows every crack and chapped area on your lips. So I am always exfoliating my lips. I have tried a home made remedy, the lush scrub and one from ester lauder at different stages of my life. What put me off from this was that it is R90 and looks like it won't last very long. I ended up buying this when TBS had a 20% off sale and paid R72.
The packaging is quite nice. It looks like a lipstick and has a reflective canister. The scrub is also in the form of a lipstick which is nice because all lip exfoliaters i have used in the past you apply with your fingers.
The product itself smells very minty. I am not a fan of products that smell like mint but I thought I'd give it a chance. The first time I applied it to my lips, i felt like it wasn't getting exfoliated at all. So I applied a few more layers and used more pressure and eventually started feeling the exfoliating particles. i then rubbed my lips together to spread the particles even further. I then took a cotton pad and wiped away the scrub. My lips were left feeling soft and I could see they looked smoother. My lips felt quite moisturized too, which is always a plus. I found that with other scrubs I always had to apply a lip balm afterwards. I then applied my Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick and it looked absolutely stunning. I didn't not have to worry about tiny pieces of skin peeling or anything.
I love this product and I definitely will repurchase it. Another deciding factor for me though would be how much use I get out of it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply