Review Detail

4.4 181 0.5
Feminine Hygiene November 07, 2014 2650
swim meet
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I started using tampons in standard 6, when Aunt Suze came to visit in her red Ferrari during a swim meet at school, in which I was participant.
My PE teacher introduced me to Tampax Tampons, with applicator and guided me on how to use it,
To be honest, that first day I think I finished her box as I felt that that tiny tampon would not manage to absorb much, and I changed it every 20 min
I quickly learned how wrong I was, and that these little miracles worked 1000 times better than pads, which were in those days horrible and thick and became smelly if you didn't change them every three hours or so,
I was scared at first, that it would get stuck, that I wasn't putting it in correctly and so many other insecurities, but thanks to my patient teacher all these fears were layed to rest, she explained it's impossible to insert a Tampax Tampon incorrectly due to the applicator, and that you only need to change your tampon when you start to feel it, or every 6 hours which ever comes first,
This was my lifesaver, no more did I have to rush to the loo between periods because of my heavy periods (I had to change pads every 90min) I could just change my tampon once during the school day,

Now I don't even bother buying pads, but I am never without my Tampax Tampons.
And one day when my girl's turns come, I will guide them as I was guided, so they don't have to suffer through embarrassing spills on their skirts (or as happened to me on a night out at age 13, a huge red blotch on a white jeans) and all the physiological damage that goes with aunt Suze red Ferrari making itself known to all and sundry.
After about a year using Tampons, Tampax gave me the courage to wear my white jeans again even when I was on my period and in all these years, not one spill.
It really was a teens life saver,
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply