Review Detail

3.9 6 0.5
Cleansers,Toners,Washes August 11, 2014 301
Lanolin-Ägg-Tvål Eggwhite Facial Care
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Cleanser is cleanser is cleanser. Or so I thought and seeing as my skin has been prone to breakouts since my early teens the more deep cleansing the better. Right? Wrong. Even though I still have the occasional break out as I have gotten older I have noticed a tightening of my skin. I have been told that I do not have dry skin but dehydrated skin so I try to up my good liquid intake as much as possible but still need the help of a good moisturiser. I have also been told to pass by the foaming face washes I have always used and use the more soothing cleansing milk options. About the same time I was told this I was given a bar of egg white facial wash. Back in my youth a homemade facial mask contained egg whites which seemed to have nothing more than a drying effect. This is good for teenage pimples but not so much for dehydrated skin, so understandably I was reluctant to use this new bar. But then I ran out of my new cleanser and only one use of my old foaming facial wash told me that would not do anymore so I grabbed the little white bar of Lanolin-Ägg-Tvål.

I was pleasantly surprised by this egg white facial wash. The egg white does have a cleansing and tightening effect on the skin but the lanolin and rose water are soothing and nourishing. My skin is appropriately cleansed but not completely stripped so my moisturising products only have to do the job they were intended and not replace what was stripped by cleansing. The cleansing bar is small but it lasts a long time thus at R 39 for a 15 g bar I do not find it overly expensive. If you really like it you can make sure you stay in stock by ordering 6 x 50g bars for R 420.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply