4.8 3 0.5
Primers, Illuminators, Setting Sprays July 22, 2014 239
Photo Finish For Sure
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

First impression: "A pea size amount of product is not sufficient."

Turns out, a pea size amount is really ALL you need per application. I've used this every day for just over a week now, and (most importantly to me) I haven't had any negative reactions. Having a semi-sensitive, reactive skin type this is always my first concern.

I've used this with and without makeup. There isn't a noticeable difference in the appearance of my skin after application, but photos say otherwise - pores and fine lines are blurred and softened. When applying makeup, I only needed about half the amount of the BB cream I usually apply, for more or less the same coverage. The texture of my skin was definitely better after applying the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer SPF 20 with Dermaxyl™ Complex, but that is to be expected from a primer. It is hydrating, but if you're specifically looking for hydration, perhaps you should try the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer.

My makeup definitely lasted longer with less touch-ups needed. It is gentle and effective around the eye area as well as on lips. I applied this before MAC Brave Red lipstick, with no other lip product, and I got at least an hour extra wear out of it. I did eat a bit more carefully, but that's not unusual of me - I do it whenever I wear red lipstick.

This is a semi-matte primer. It's mattifying enough, without being drying. It gives a very "soft" finish. Not obviously mattifying to the point of looking dry, but not glowy enough to be considered "radiant". If "glowy" and "radiant" is what you're looking for, try the Smashbox Photo Finish Luminizing Foundation Primer.

I'm enjoying this product, and have added it to my every day makeup bag, where it'll happily stay. I look forward to trying the Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer Blemish Control Primer - it contains salicylic acid which is one of my favourite ingredient superstars and extremely benfeficial for all skin types. (avoid if you're allergic to aspirin, though.)
MB
7 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
July 22, 2014
It sounds great :) I have a reactive skin too, good to know it didn't have any negative effects on your skin.
AH
Adel Heine
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply