Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.2 2 0.5
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream Eyes
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Late nights, early mornings...Does that sound like you? That kind of explains me in a nutshell.

The late nights causes dark circles, wrinkles and dullness under my eyes. Since I was younger, this was my routine and I've become so used to it that I can't seem to shake this nasty habit. Luckily for me, I received the Smashbox BB Cream for Eyes!

The Smashbox BB Cream for Eyes is a 5 in 1 product that claims to prime, protect, conceal, hydrate and illuminate!

This BB cream for has it all! It has the benefits of a Beauty Balm Cream and the benefits of a primer, sunblock, concealer and a highlighter for the under eye area. Overtime, this product claims to fade the look of dark circles.

This BB Cream comes in 5 different shades such as Fair, Light, Light/Medium, Medium, Dark. A colour to suit every skin tone. This product is also great for contouring the brow bone and other areas, by choosing a darker or lighter shade to your skin tone it could easily be used for slimming and enhancing certain facial features.

With a twist up mechanism and a brush applicator, this product is so simple to apply. I like the fact that I don't need to touch the product with my fingers because no one likes messy products.

I have a thing for black packaging, I think it looks so classy and sophisticated. The packaging is black with white and red text. It's practical and convenient on those days you need to rush out the door and apply your makeup in the car. The tube is sleek and great for your handbag for touch-ups later in the day.

My experience using the Smashbox BB Cream for Eyes:
I usually give the product three twists and once the product appears on the brush, I would brush the product in an upside down triangle shape underneath each eye. Once I have enough product underneath my eyes, I would take my beauty sponge and blend the product in. This BB Cream for Eyes blends in really well. In fact, it blends so well that If I use it without using a foundation you would never say that I have product under my eyes because the colour matches my skin tone perfectly and when blending it out, it looks flawless. I noticed that when I apply this product without using a primer or setting powder, the product would seep into my wrinkles and create these lines under my eyes, which is kind of a disappointment. It's not a major train smash, though.

I can 100% agree with the fact that this product does in fact hydrate the under eye area. I have sensitive skin and eczema around my eye area and this product doesn't flare up my skin and it provides enough moisture to keep my under eye area looking hydrated.

Seeing that this product matches my skin tone perfectly, It doesn't look like it illuminates my under eye area really. It is somewhat lighter because the concealer quality of this BB Cream hides my dark circles.

I've used this BB Cream to cover up pimples and scarring and it provided really good coverage over those pests.

I love the fact that this BB Cream for Eyes has a SPF of 15. I would've liked it to be a bit more but then actually thinking about it, I think it's good that it has an SPF of 15 because I know that products with SPF reflects the light (when using a flash for images) and that causes like a white cast over the areas that has SPF products on it. But some sort of SPF is good as well.

The scent of this products smells a bit like a sunblock but the scent is kind to the nostrils lol.

Overall, I really enjoyed using this product. The only two cons about this product is that it retails for R 325.00 and the product is only a 3.5ml and the fact that if I use this product without a primer or setting powder, it tends to seep into my wrinkles even though this products claims to work as a primer. The price might put some people off (it definitely put me off lol) but it seems to be worth it judging from the few weeks that I've been using it.

Thank you so much Beauty Bulletin for sending me this delightful product :D

x
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
August 25, 2014
interesting..thanks for the informative feedback..
L
Lorna_nqwelo
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply