Review Detail

4.3 28 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils May 21, 2012 670
Rimmel ScandalEyes Mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The packaging on this baby is hard to miss. It's huge and almost glow in the dark orange. The maxdensity brush is also 50% larger and thicker. This has proven to be a problem for some, but I actually like how the brush really coats each and every lash. But yes, you need to be a bit more careful and patient when you use this massive wand or you might end up with black goo all over your eyelid.

Okay, so Rimmel claims this mascara has 3x the collagen (for plump, sculpted lashes) and 3x the keratin (for strong, healthy lashes). They also mention that this brush is more flexible and that the bristles flex in to deposit mascara and then flex out to comb through lashes. "Volume so loud your lashes will scream". I can definitely agree with a few of these points. My lashes look more noticeable, blacker, lengthened and there is added volume. The pic below shows it all. Now, there might be a bit of clumping if you apply too many coats or if you don't let each coat dry before applying the next coat. You can see in the pic that I experienced a bit of clumping, but it does hold a nice curl.

Like most mascara's this wand collects quite a bit of goop at the end of the brush, but cause of it's significant size that goop is multiplied. This can be annoying for some and if left on the brush you'll be guaranteed a clumpy look. I love the length this mascara gives me and I haven't noticed any flaking during the day. If you don't layer this too much then your lashes will still feel pretty soft and not crunchy or hard. This is a wet formula mascara so that's why it's integral that you let each layer dry before applying more. I have fairly long lashes naturally so my results might be different to yours. But one things for sure this mascara makes an impact by making your lashes super black.

The packaging is super easy to spot in your makeup bag and the tube and brush are massive. I compared the size of the scandal 'eyes mascara to another Rimmel mascara I have. (Glam'Eyes Day 2 Night) and as you can see from the pic it's quite a considerable difference. The tube also has a nice seal on it so it locks everything in and your mascara stays 'fresh' for longer. This tube also contains a whopping 12ml of product, which is alot more than an average mascara which on average contains 9ml. Overall I really love the results this mascara gives and for only R89,95 it isn't going to break the bank.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply