Review Detail

4.3 28 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils May 21, 2012 670
Rimmel ScandalEyes Mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Hi everyone. I was quite intrigued about the “scandal and mystery” of the build-up to this product release and when I found out it was for mascara I was thrilled. Mascara is the one beauty product I cannot live without and I am always trying new brands to see if their claims match up to expectations. I have been using Rimmel scandal eyes mascara every day for two weeks now so that I can bring to you a full and fair review.

My first impression of the product before I used it was “WOW” this is bold. I was hoping that the packaging would be representative of the products claims of creating shaped, plumped and exaggerated lashes. The florescent orange colour is attention grabbing and it would definitely draw my eye straight to this product amongst others. The colour and bold size are fitting to what the product claims to offer. The name really stood out for me. I found the play on words very clever and relevant to the product and advertising aspect.

I used scandaleyes mascara for the first time on a night out. I really fell in love with the effect it gave when paired with some contouring eye makeup. It definitely gives a bold effect. Although the brush is quite large I personally felt quite comfortable using it. This may be because I am experienced with using makeup tools but this might feel a bit uncomfortable for your average user. The formula worked well on my lashes. I did not experience too much clumping although I do feel that any mascara claiming to be completely clump free is far-fetched. The formula is thicker than usual and may feel a bit heavy for anyone who doesn’t use mascara too often but I found it to be quite comfortable and wearable

The formula contains keratin and collagen for healthy and strong lashes. Throughout the two weeks of using the mascara my lashes do feel marginally stronger and thicker. One thing I can say is that it definitely hasn’t affected my lashes negatively. I have not experienced any falling out lashes.

One coat is enough for a day time look and is great for anyone who is on the go and doesn’t have time to fuss over eye shadow and eyeliner. If you want to go all out for a night time look, apply two coats of the mascara, some bold eye shadow and loads of eyeliner

Overall I am impressed with this product and would recommend it to all my girlies. My only pointer is to bear in mind that we are all different and products work better for some than others, but at a price of only R89.95 it is worth the try. Hope you all enjoy this mascara as much as I do.

Happy scandalising!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
A
4 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply