Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.3 5 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils June 04, 2012 534
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

As part of the hamper I won through Beauty Bulletin I received this mascara and have been testing it out for a few weeks now. I was very pleasantly surprised by the clever design of the wands. The first wand is used to lengthen lashes and it does it beautifully by extending each lash from the root up. The lashes are also separated and defined. This creates the subtle day time look that lasts the entire day.

The second wand is actually made up of 2 wands that fit together - the way the two caps are designed means that the first wand fits within the seconds wand. In so doing a very dense wand is created that catches more of the product in the wand and this deposits more product onto your lashes, creating the look of more volume. Again with this look, the product does what it promises. My eye lashes look incredibly thick while at the same time they have a defined look. There is a little bit of clumping that occurs but the lashes can easily be separated with a dry wand. Both looks are great although I do prefer the "night" look of more dense, dark eye lashes.

Many might argue that this mascara is an exact copy of the MAC Haute & Naughty (RSP: R195)......but the Rimmel product is slightly more affordable and accessible to most people (RSP: 129). I haven't tried out MAC's Haute & Naughty mascara and cannot say it is better or worse than the Rimmel equivalent (although the MAC packaging is a lot prettier), but I can say that the similarities don't put me off the Rimmel mascara.

Personally I don't think I will go out and buy this one, especially not with the release of the cheaper Scandal'Eyes. At R89.95 it's a lot cheaper and gives better results.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply