Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.6 18 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers August 28, 2012 486
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Firstly, the colour selection in Dischem was quite limited, with only 7 of the 12 colours out on the shelves - I think that alone plays testament to how popular these balms are. I applied all the colours to the back of my hand while I tried to make up my mind on which colour to pick. I am not at all adventurous with lip colours and I am happy that Revlon kept us timid girls in mind and have colours such as Precious Precieuse, which is what I settled on in the end. It is similar in shade to my skin colour but has a nice subtle pink to it that I find to be very lady like and pretty. Basically, I thought I'd pick a safe colour and see how much I like the balm before purchasing any other more bold colours.

While standing in the checkout queue at Dischem I tried to wipe the stains off my hand with a wet wipe (that I always carry around in my handbag) and the top layer of the balm came off easily but the stain had seeped into my skin and stained it - which is of course what the product is suppose to do. It was quite a battle to get the stain off my skin but after some (not so gentle) persuasion it eventually budged.

The experience I had was really remarkable. I went out for supper with my family (to celebrate my Mom's 50th Birthday) and before heading to the restaurant I applied the balm to my lips. What is great about the colour is that you can easily build it up to the darkness that you wish for. I found that two strokes on both my top and bottom lips gave an even coverage. If you want a lighter shade then one stroke on both lips will give you a nice natural pop of colour. The balm has a minty freshness to it when applied and refreshes lips. It has a feeling to me that is similar to a lip gloss in many ways without the seriously oily look. The balm has a sophisticated shimmer to it that I personally like a lot.

Arriving at the restaurant 20 minutes later I could still feel the balm on my lips - usually by this time lipsticks and balms are hardly noticeable on my lips. I ordered a glass of water and while sipping away I was seriously shocked by how little of the balm transferred to the glass - It was hardly even that noticeable and I could still feel that the balm was staying put. I even asked my parents to have a look at the richness of the colour and they said it looked just as good as when I had arrived. After having a meal and ending off the evening with cake the typical balm-like feeling on my lips had gone away however the colour was still on my lips.

So my thoughts....they are very simple. This is a wonderful balm and an even better lipstain. It works far better than other lipstains that I have tried in the past and because this is a balm it hydrates and moisturises a person's lip beautifully. Let's just say that my list of colours to get now cover a variety to the point where I'd even consider getting a red (I never wear red lipstick).

I picked my balm up at Dischem for R92.00 and saw that at Clicks they retail for around R99.00 each.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
September 03, 2012
Really value for money and long lasting.
W
WilmaSmi
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply