Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

3.6 18 0.5
Lipsticks December 06, 2012 617
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was so thrilled to receive this lipstick to review for Beauty Bulleting, I was even more excited as this is my absolute favourite colour to wear on my lips!

Here is a breakdown of my thoughts about this product.

• I love the colour (001 Silhouette), a very pale baby pink,
• I adore the packaging (the click mechanism which winds the lipstick up incrementally) and the clear tube which showcases the shade.
• It feels very rich, smooth and buttery upon application.
• It is long-lasting, though not as long-lasting as claimed. It is necessary to re-apply once or twice per day to keep the colour intensity. However that is still pretty good going in comparison to 'regular' lipstick.

Dislikes:
• When applying it goes on really creamy however after a few minutes it 'sets' and feels almost waxy and I personally couldn't bear it. However applying a gloss over this (or even a balm) does ease the feeling slightly and doesn't seem to affect staying power but it does negate the 'soft suede finish' which is supposed to be the whole point of this lipstick!

How does it stack up against Revlon's selling points?

Revlon's claims:
• "Instant Moisture" - check: it does feel very moisturising upon application.
• "All-day Color" - more like half day color, but it's staying power is still impressive.
• "Shea butter & Aloe" - shea butter is listed as the 8th ingredient and aloe as the 10th, one before the fragrance.
• "Soft suede finish" -Yes, the matte/suede finish is beautiful (if you can handle the suffocating sticky, waxy feeling long enough before slathering on gloss or lip balm that is!)

So in conclusion, although the good points do seem to outweigh the bad, that feeling of sticky, waxy, heaviness is just too much for me. I am wearing it whilst writing this review and all I can think about is finding a wet washcloth and giving my lips a good scrub to get rid of it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply