Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

3.6 18 0.5
Lipsticks December 06, 2012 617
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Firstly, thank you for the Revlon ColourStay Ultimate Sued lipstick. I was super-excited to try it out and see if the staying power that it boasted of, is really true.

I like the lipstick applicator/casing. It's user-friendly and I like the fact that it clicks when you turn the lipstick out and back in. This way, if you're not watching, you won't accidently replace the lid while the lipstick is still out and damage the tip (been there, done that so many times).

The lipstick went on smoothly and almost creamy. At first, I thought it would definately not last as the creamy lipsticks tend not to last very long on my lips. However, it was similar to a lip stain in that it stuck around for a good while - even after my coffee and cereal. Bonus there!

What I didn't like about it, was the 'tacky' feeling after application. It was almost sticky and I really didn't like that feeling. It stops being tacky a bit later and then it just gets DRY! And, I mean - DRY!! my lips felt like they had been exposed to the sun and dried out from water deprivation. Seriously - not nice! I have taken a before and after pic as I don't have the luxury of video, so that you can see the staying-power.

For those who wear glosses, I think you'll like this product, but it really isn't a favourite of mine as I don't fancy glosses.

Revlon is still a firm favourite of mine, so that won't put me off as I usually use their lipsticks and mascaras and ... the list goes on.

Thanks again for the opportunity to test this product - it's always great to be able to give an opinion and I think people prefer honesty when spending their hard-earned money.
After Application .jpg
After 6 hours wear.jpg
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply