Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

3.6 18 0.5
Lipsticks December 06, 2012 617
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was so thrilled to be chosen for this review. I generally love Revlon's product range... quality is usually assured, colour ranges are always generous, and textures are considerately good good. I was surprised however at how mediocre I found this product to be.

My ColorStay 'Ultimate Suede' has a beautiful texture, and I loved the fact that it's a chubbier 'stick' of lipstick as opposed to the breakable, bendable formulas in the past.

To cut to the chase, I have applied the lipstick on 3 separate occasions : once before I went shopping. A second time to visit the hairdressers, and a third time this evening while I was on my way out to visit a friend. To my dismay, this beautifully silky textured lipstick just does not have the staying power that I would expect. On all 3 occasions, and within an hour or so of application, I desperately needed to touch up. Perhaps I'm just used to more colour coverage, but I'm afraid this one is not on my list of favourites. I will however continue to use it, but perhaps OVER an existing shade I already use. The texture is good, just not the coverage and staying power it promises.

It certainly wont deter me from using the other Revlon products I've come to know and love, but this Colorstay selection wont be on my list of favourites in the future. Thanks so much for the opportunity of testing these selections... it's always exciting to be 'in the know' and current when it comes to beauty goodies...! x
KD
4 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply