Review Detail

4.5 30 0.5
Foundations June 08, 2011 650
Revlon Colorstay Foundation
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

This is my third Revlon foundation that I have tried. The other ones I have tried and reviews are the Revlon ColorStay Active foundation and the Revlon Photoready foundation. I bought this because I really like the quality of Revlon foundations. One of the pros of this foundation is that it is long-lasting. You can definitely wear this all day or on evening when you know you are going to dance all night and want to make sure your makeup stays intact. This foundation definitely lasts very well on the skin, stays matte for hours and requires very little touch up. However, it isn’t as lightweight as other foundation that I have used. With the Revlon Colorstay, it is lightweight for the first 8 hours, thereafter the foundation starts feeling slightly heavier (if you understand what I mean, the feeling you get when you-can’t-wait-to-get-this-makeup-off feeling).

Other pros are that this foundation is medium to full coverage and very buildable. I would say it’s more full coverage than medium. Another pro is that it contains low SPF, which means it’s a nice foundation for taking photos because it doesn’t make your face look ghastly white in flash photography. This foundation also comes in a large range of shades so there is a big chance you will find a perfect match.

However, there are a few things that I don’t like about this product. Firstly I don’t like the packaging at all. It is just an open-ended bottle with no pump to help dispense the product. You have the pour the product on the back of your hand and it gives very little control and in my opinion, isn’t very hygienic. The second thing I don’t like is the smell. It has a weird smell that I find hard to describe. It isn’t unpleasant enough to stop me using it, but the smell isn’t nice. Last thing I don’t like is that this foundation isn’t made for dry skin. If you have dry skin (I use to have dry skin), it makes your dry patches more evident. Also I don’t recommend using long-wearing foundations everyday as long-wearing formulas are generally more drying for the skin.
K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
June 08, 2011
Hi Chloe, there is a dry skin version of this foundation but they just don't sell it here in South Africa :-(. bummer as usual...
K
Kiki
June 08, 2011
Aiiii!! We have people with dry skin here as well =/ So upset that we don't get some of the drugstore products here! Maybelline Falsies Mascara in waterproof they have overseas, we don't. And Loreal Linear Intense liquid liner we don't have either! =/ big FAIL!
K
kikobunny0102
2 results - showing 1 - 2

Leave a Reply