4.5 26 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers July 04, 2014 704
Revlon | Unapologetic Colorburst Matte Balm
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

CLAIMS:
Let's take a look at what the product claims to do and whether or not it lives up to these claims.

**Velvety Matte Color**

I have developed a strong liking for a matte finish on the lips, and in my opinion - the Colorburst Matte Balm, doesn't deliver as well as I had hoped it would.

**Balm like feel**

When I was applying the balm onto my lips, it almost felt like I was applying a bit of buttery cream onto my lips. When it's on my lips, they feel moisturized - just like when I wear lip balm.

PIGMENTATION:
Due to the fact that I have darker skin, the balm is a lot more pigmented on my lips and I love it!

FINISH/TEXTURE:
The formula of this balm, gives it a buttery creamy texture with a minimal matte finish.

LASTING POWER:
I am yet to wear this for a full day to test how long it lasts. The longest I have worn it was 2 hours and it was quite hard to take it off. I am going out on a limb here and saying it will probably last you a full day, with one or two minor touch ups required?

PACKAGING:
The packaging complements the balm color and the matte finish. I view it as being sleek and elegant, but not unique as this type of packaging seems to appear on pretty much all balm crayons nowadays.

PRICE/AVAILIBILITY:
I purchased this balm from Edgars and I paid R120.

From what I've seen online, you can buy it at just about any store worldwide that sells drugstore makeup. You can also opt to purchase it online.

The balm has a strong pepperminty scent to it.
It does not dry out my lips.
The color is quite bold.
This color can be worn by women of all complexions.

DISLIKES:
When I applied the balm, for a second I had a burning sensation on my lips due to the pepperminty vibe.
The finish is not quite as matte as I had hoped.

OVERALL:
For the amount of money that was spent on the balm, I would say that it was a good buy and I got my money's worth. I am definitely in the process of considering going to the store and purchasing another matte balm in a different shade.
A
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply