4.6 4 0.5
Rehidrat-Sport-Hydration-Powders-300x300.jpg
Health and Wellbeing September 13, 2016 1401
Ready, Set, Hydrate - In My Bag blog review Rehidrat
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Up until Beauty Bulletin asked me to review Rehidrat, I’d always only used this solution after a bout of diarrhea or stomach flu. While I’ve been a loyal user for a good 15 years +, I’ve only recently come to understand that Rehidrat can be used at any time when the body is dehydrated.

So, why is it so important to stay hydrated? Well, because our vital organs rely on water to function correctly, maintaining the body’s temperature, removing waste, aiding digestion and regulating blood pressure. We all understand water is essential for good health.

The causes of dehydration are many, but a few lifestyle causes include:
Insufficient fluid intake due to busy schedules
High levels of stress
Beaching, hiking or other outdoor activities undertaken in hot weather.
Strenuous exercise
Excessive sweating.

The signs of dehydration include:
Dry mouth
Loss of concentration
Headache
Dark urine colour
Loss of skin elasticity
Fatigue
Low blood pressure

You can avoid dehydration by drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day, especially when exercising or spending time in the sun. As mentioned above, replenishing your body after a bout of vomiting or diarrhea is essential. Having an appropriate balance of electrolytes in an oral rehydration solution is of the utmost importance.

Rehidrat contains an optimal balance of sugars, salts and minerals that replenish lost fluids and help prevent and treat dehydration and electrolyte depletion. No artificial preservatives, colourants or sweeteners have been added to the formula.

Is should be noted that dehydration can often be cured by just drinking water. However, if the body gets to a place where it’s dehydrated due to losing bodily fluids, then it’s advised to take Rehidrat to help restore the electrolytes lost.

So, when should you drink a Rehidrat?
Aside from when I’ve suffered a bout of diarrhea or gastro, I drink Rehidrat when I’m feeling the signs or dehydration. A great example would be yesterday: I woke up and enjoyed a coffee in bed. About an hour later, my hubby made me a double espresso. When had lunch plans at 1pm, so I skipped breakfast. At around 12, I started getting a headache and realized I hadn’t drunk any water. When I got to the restaurant, I drank a glass of water, but still felt thirsty. I then emptied a sachet of Rehidrat into some water and drank that. About half an hour later my headache was gone.

I also enjoy a Rehidrat Sport after my HIIT (High Intensity Interval training) classes, as I find I’m really thirsty and quite shaky.

Rehidrat is available in blackcurrant, orange and vanilla flavours. Rehidrat Sport is available in Lemon & Lime and naartjie flavours and both cost R11.95 a sachet.
You can purchase Rehidrat and Rehidrat Sport from pharmacies, Clicks and Dis-chem stores nationwide.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
REHIDRAT Beauty Bulletin   InMyBag Review
C
4 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply