Review Detail

4.2 133 0.5
BB Creams May 13, 2013 1310
Pond's BB Cream in Beige
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The Pond's BB cream comes in 2 shades - Chocolate and Beige. The Chocolate shade is specially formulated in Durban for the South African market to suit true African skin tones - something South Africa should be very proud of.

The Beige shade is the one I will discuss as it is what I use for my skin. It is a little too dark for my skin, but when applied using a foundation brush I am able to blend it in nicely with my skin tone. The BB cream is silicon based which means that it makes your skin feel incredibly smooth and acts as the perfect primer for your makeup. During the day the silcon evapourates leaving behind the optics in the BB cream and this creates a light wearing, beautiful product. I have been using this for just over a week now and have started to notice certain inconsistencies in my face appear to be less noticeable and am definitely thrilled about that.

A lot of people have complained about the R89 pricetag for only 25ml, but few seem to realise that this BB Cream has an SPF of 30. In my experience, as soon as a product has a decent SPF in it the price goes up. Most skin care products have an SPF of only 15 so this BB cream is absolutely perfect for our climate and is a must - even in winter. Many people don't bother to apply sunscreen when we always should.

Overall I am incredibly impressed with this product, I haven't gone into all of the scientific explanations because I have tried to keep this review short and to the point.

Just a note: BB cream is not meant to be a replacement for your foundation or moisturiser - it is meant to compliment your current routine. It should be applied after you moisurise.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
May 15, 2013
Thanks for the review Charlene - very helpfull :-).
J
Joelene6
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply