fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.0 1 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams August 09, 2014 239
Oily Skin Cleanser, Moisturising Crean (for sensitive or dry skin), UVA/UVB Defense SPF 50+
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I received the following Cetaphil products to review: Oily Skin Cleanser, Moisturising Cream (for sensitive or dry skin), UVA/UVB Defense SPF 50+

Now over the years I've tried MANY skin care products, its difficult to find something that works for oily/combination and sensitive skin. I've been using products that mainly caters for oily skin but it hasn't been perfect for my skin. I was a bit scared/sceptical to try the Cetaphil products.

Day 1 - 3:
Not really any difference yet, although no excessive breakouts so that was a plus

Day 4 - 7:
Not a huge difference yet, but I do notice a softer feel to my skin

Day 8 - 14:
Definitely start seeing a result, much less oil throughout the day, no breakouts as of yet

Day 15 - 22:
The true test for me, when its "that time of the month" I always breakout, doesn't matter what I've done in the past, its just been inevitable. To my surprise, I did not experience the same heavy breakout I usually do since starting to use Cetaphil products. Now this is where I was truly impressed. I still had a few random pimples, but nothing like before.

My overall experience:

Oily Skin Cleanser:
Cetaphil says: Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser provides effective cleansing for oily, combination or blemished skin. Its gentle foaming action removes oil, dirt, skin debris and makeup without leaving your skin dry and, importantly, without the tightness that results from soap-based cleansers. That’s because it is formulated to remove oil without affecting the skin barrier. (Skin acts as a barrier, keeping moisture in so it is important that a cleanser works without compromising the skin barrier.) Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser does not clog pores and can be used in conjunction with acne medication.

I have combination skin that is prone to acne and pimples every now and then, so I always like to use products that will help with oil control and blemish control. Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser is a product I have used for the last month, and I do like it. It took me a while to get use to it, but now I think it really works well for me.

I like that Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser is
formulated to remove oil from the skin,
exactly what I need for my combination skin type. It comes in a sturdy bottle with pump top, that is easy to dispense. The product comes out as a clear liquid that feels gentle and soft on the skin. It does not foam up, I just massage the liquid (which turns white) onto my face. Once I rinse it off, it leaves my face feeling clean. It does not dry out my skin which is also good. It helps to reduce the amount of pimples/breakouts I get.

Moisturising Cream (for sensitive or dry skin):
Cetaphil says: A creamy formula ideal for dry, sensitive areas. For dry, sensitive skin, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is a non-greasy cream formula that is excellent for the hands, feet, elbows and knees - anywhere that requires intensive moisturization. It is cosmetically appealing for facial use as well. It is also fragrance-free and non-comedogenic.

Since I have oily/combination skin which is very sensitive I was reluctant to use this specific product. However I gave it a try and it worked really well. It does exactly what I ecpected, moisuried and caused no breakouts. Its not greasy and it leaves your skin nice and soft and not shiny. I'm loving this cream right now.

UVA/UVB Defense SPF 50+ :

Cetaphil says: Our highest SPF available in a moisturizer designed specifically for the face.

The color, it gives that shine/glow when applied. Its very light on the skin, it doesn’t deposit anything like other sun screens. 1 tube lasts for 2-3 months, it has a high SPF 50+, protection against UVA and UVB rays. Hypoallergenic, water resistant, fragance free

Cetaphil Sunscreen is a light beige colored cream in medium-thick consistency, it glides nicely all over the face. A small pea-sized amount is enough to cover my face and neck. It leaves a slight whitish cast on face when spread but it disappears soon (within few
minutes) as it starts getting absorbed. The sunscreen isn’t exactly heavy or feels oily or sticky.

I'm really very impressed with these products, I didn't think it would make much of a difference, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I'm going to continue using the Cetaphil products and add some of the other extra products to skin care routine as well.

Thank you so much Beauty Bulletin for introducing me to this truly fabulous product!!
N
3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply