Review Detail

4.3 1 0.5
IMG-20130122-00220 (Medium).jpg
Blush, Bronzers, Highlighters January 22, 2013 138
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

It’s finally here! Or at least I finally found one in a store.
After hearing so many overseas beauty bloggers rave about NYX’s cream blush (Marlena from MakeupGeek even has it on her list of best drug store beauty products ever) I have been dying to try this stuff and finally found it in the Clicks at Sandton City.
I rushed home with my new purchase and had it sitting on my dressing table this morning for it’s first test run on my face.
I have to say I’m really enjoying it. I bought Tickled, a pretty pink with gold shimmer. As it has the shimmer, I didn’t use a highlighter.
It’s a very subtle colour with a creamy consistency (which I suppose is necessary for a cream blush ;P) I tapped it on and liked the sheer wash o colour it gave. It looks very natural and gives a dewy quality to the skin, which I think would be great for those with oily or mature skin and use a lot of matt products.
I built the colour up a bit to see what that would look like. Still very pretty, it makes you look like you have a pretty flush to the cheeks.
I have also been impressed by the staying power. All in all I’m very happy.
There seemed to be quite a few colours and I was torn between this one and Glow, which is pinker and has no shimmer. I think I might go back for it later.
The price is also good, which I have come to expect from NYX – R99 – and the packaging is great. It feel sturdy and is that typical gloss black.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply