fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.3 1 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams June 24, 2014 914
NIVEA CELLular Anti-Age Facial Day Cream (SPF 15)
I was very excited to review this product, having always had a good relationship with Nivea products and also because I am in the market for a good day cream.

However, when I FINALLY got my product (thanks SAPO!!!), the grand opening of the rather attractive jar actually made me want to chuck it in the bin and write it off there and then!

It was the smell, you see.

The blurb on the product talks about an "indulgent scent" but all I could smell was BABY PRODUCTS! Seriously, even now, 2 weeks later - every time I apply the cream, I'm reminded of baby stuff. While I'm all for babies, this is NOT what I want from my face cream!

Anyway, I knew I had to persevere, so that's what I did. Two weeks later, I'm rather a convert - if I could just get over that smell!!!

The nitty gritty
The cream is so easy to apply, it spreads really well and goes on silky soft. And best of all, it stays that way all day!
I didn't once feel overly oily or overly dry. And my skin lately never seems to be content with what I apply - so that was a pretty tough nut for Nivea to crack. But crack it they did. I was very impressed.

There were no initial breakouts (as so often happens when I try a new product) and no issues at all with this cream - it slotted neatly into my routine with no worries whatsoever.

I think it is too early to tell whether this genuinely has an effect on wrinkles etc. but I will be using it for some time so I will keep you updated. Put it this way, I'm hopeful! The texture of the cream and the texture of my skin after using the cream, make me so!

My only gripes are:
1. the smell!
2. the SPF - I have an SPF 15 and would definitely prefer it to be SPF 30, that way I don't need to use additional sun protection. But I believe the product does actually come in an SPF 30 variant so would definitely go for that one.

All in all, a fab product and a big THANK YOU to BB for allowing me to experience this cream.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply