fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.2 4 0.5
Anti-Ageing Creams March 27, 2014 652
Nivea Cellular Anti-Age Serum is a must have for all!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

What is not to love about Nivea? They have delivered quality, cost-effective and yummy smelling products for as long as I can remember. Needless to say, I was smiling from ear to ear when I got the news that I would be reviewing their new Anti-Age Serum!:-D

BACKGROUND ON MY SKIN:
Any skin care product has their work cut out for them with my skin, as it is:
1) extremely fair, so every little blemish shows like a flashing neon sign
2) extremely dry, so I expect my skin care products to make the sanding paper feel, disappear!
3) over 40, so I need help with dealing with and preventing wrinkles, lack of elasticity and luster.
4) prone to hormonal break-outs…yes ladies, some of us never out grow it…give me a freaking break! ?
5) prone to enlarged pores, so I need a Photo Shop effect in a bottle!

HOW I USED THIS SERUM:
1) Before use, I wash my face with a conditioning cleanser and cleanse all remaining impurities with a cleansing toner.
2) I then apply the serum on face, chin & neck and wait to absorb, before I apply my moisturiser and then finally my foundation.
3) One uses a few drops at a time, so the bottle should last longer than a month.

MY FIRST THOUGHTS ON THIS SERUM:
1) I LOVE the pump action bottle which makes it so easy to use and store and the silver cap that gives it a classy look.
2) The serum’s consistency is light and creamy and not too thick & heavy.
3) Mmmmm yummy for the smell! I just LOVE the smell of Nivea’s products and this one did not disappoint. It softly lingers and lifts your mood. It is not cloying nor overpowering, but feminine and soft. The smell alone makes me feel special when using this serum.

WHAT DID IT DO FOR MY SKIN?:
1) After the first week, I could already detect a difference in both the appearance and feel of my skin.
2) Blemishes and wrinkles appeared softer and my skin also felt softer and suppler. (Ladies, I do not like wasting my money on products that do not deliver on their promises, nor praising a product that I consider unworthy, so this is my honest opinion!).
3) After the second week, this little serum really kicked it up a notch! Angry red marks from picking my skin (yes I know that is a terrible habit) during hormonal break-outs, usually take forever (weeks) to disappear. After a few days, I could hardly see the marks.
4) Not only did the marks appear lighter, but my skin felt and appeared firmer, with less visible blemishes and wrinkles.
5) My skin looked healthier and was actually glowing!
6) The best surprise of it all and a TOTAL BONUS to me, was that my pores appeared to be smaller! YAY…DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!

FINAL VERDICT:
1) After using Nivea’s CELLular Anti-Age Serum for just over 2 weeks, the difference to my skin’s appearance and feel are significant! That is confirmed by friends and family who also noticed the difference.
2) Blemishes, wrinkles & even pores appear softer and skin looks and feels firmer and healthier!
3) No more sand-papery and lackluster skin!
4) Ladies, do not wait until you are 40 to start using this product! Start in your twenties and save yourself a lot of trouble!
5) The cost is a bit high for an addition to one’s beauty routine @ around R179.00. However, my advice is to rather cut something else (you can do without) from your budget & spoil yourself with this product. You are worth it & you will thank me for it later! ;-)
6) If my skin shows so much improvement in just over 2 weeks, I can’t wait to see what it would look like in 2 months time with this product. The results inspire me to try the whole range!
7) Thank you Nivea and Beauty Bulletin for the great opportunity to test this awesome product! A true winner in my eyes!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
March 27, 2014
wow Sue. Such an awesome and enlightening review.The best of all is your honest opinion.I would love to try this. It is a bit pricey but i rather take your advice and get it.
P
phantomenace
March 27, 2014
In reply to an earlier comment

Thank you so much, Sophia! Appreciate it & hope you like it as much as I do! ;-)
S
Sue1N
April 23, 2014
Thanks Sue for a fantastic reveiew. www.kalahari.com is having a special...2 Nivea products @ 40% off!!!
S
ShakiraG
3 results - showing 1 - 3

Leave a Reply