fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.8 3 0.5
Treatments, Masks August 09, 2013 1114
Nioxin Hair Kit 2 – update from week 4 till now!!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Okay, so with all the things going on around me, I haven’t had enough time to do my update regarding the Nioxin Hair Kit 2 that I’ve been using for 6 weeks now! Yes you read right- 6WEEKS! My trial version of the kit proved to hold its own when it came to offering me the best possible results in such a tiny package!

I was extremely thrilled when I found out I was to receive this kit to review as I definitely wanted to see some improvement before my birthday next month. I’ve always either had a bob, shoulder length hair or scraggly bust line hair in length, but this time I was wishing for a miracle when I began using the kit.

The kit comes with a shampoo, conditioner and treatment. These need to be used together to achieve the best results. My 6 weeks of product has come to an end and I am left with the most amazing results! My hair line has started seeing signs of re-growth and once where my scalp was so visible, now has a tinge of black as new hair grows in. My hair has become so incredibly full with body, volume and HAIR!!! This trial kit retails at R470.00 at Pravina’s hair salon at Pavillion.

I have a combined hair issue- hair loss and extremely fine “baby” hair. The combinations of these two factors lead me to having numerous hair issues, but not anymore! This Nioxin kit has made all the difference to both my hair and confidence.
Where it once took me 10 minutes to both dry and straighten my hair now takes me at least half an hour. My hair is so full that I now get annoyed when I need an extra jaw grip to hold it in place, lol. Thank you Beauty Bulletin, as that was a feeling I thought I would never experience. My hair is more resilient and stronger and due to this doesn’t shed or drop off uncontrollably.

When I now put a comb through my hair I’m left with maybe 6-15 strands on the comb whereas before an entire clump would be around the bristles; I can now use a fine tooth comb without fear of becoming bald. I cannot sing enough praise for this amazing and transformational product and the effect it has!

This may sound like a rollercoaster but I do have one drawback to this kit. Due to the shampoo, conditioner and treatment containing so many chemicals to combat hair loss, there isn’t enough moisture and creaminess to the products. This led my scalp to becoming very dry, tight and uncomfortable. When I looked in the mirror close enough, you could see the cracks and layer of dry skin forming; this didn’t feel very comfortable as it causes the scalp to get itchy.

As I didn’t want to interfere with the product I hesitated to try a hair mask or hot oil treatment and so instead opted for some warmed coconut oil. This solved the dry issue and left enough moisture for the remaining use of the Nioxin treatment.

This was definitely by far the best product review I have ever been fortunate to be part off! My hair, confidence and self-esteem are back with a bang, just in time for some gorgeous new summer styles ;)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply