Review Detail

4.5 61 0.5
Body oils April 16, 2011 929
The Famous Bio-Oil
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I have used Bio-oil for years - put it in my bath, on scars and on overly dry skin. I used to love this product but changed to Justines version a few months back as I was told it worked better on scars.
I was really happy when I received a bottle of Bio-oil from the Beauty Bulletin team , it was like reuniting with an old friend.
I've been using it again for 3 weeks now, also applying it twice a day to my fiance's chin ( he has an old scar from a childhood accident and even though he had plastic surgery on it - it's still there, not huge but rather like a small zorro sign + it's kinda sexy ) and putting it in my bath and on my few scars.
My skin is smoother and softer but the scars haven't faded that much - but then again you need to use it for awhile to really achieve proper results from the scars.
I picked up a bio-oil leaflet at the hospital last week ( dropped off a neighbour who needed her appendix taken out -long story, such a sweet girl ) and read through all 18 pages with info. There is alot more to the product than most people realise. So without boring you too much, here are some clip notes:

Uses: improve appearance of old scars, helps prevent stretch marks during pregnancy, improves uneven skin tone, helps aging skin ( smooths and tones sagging and wrinkly skin ), helps dry skin by replenishing natural oils.
Main Ingredients: Vitamin A ( retinyl Palmitate on label) - improves skin elasticity, texture and tone
Vitamin E- increases moisture content of epidermis. Calendula oil: ( also known as marigold) natural antioxident. Lavender oil: has conditioning properties to the skin Rosemary Oil: helps invigorate & condition skin Chamolie oil: calms and soothes sensitive skin PurCellin oil: oil ingrediant that moisturises and keeps all the ingrediants together.
Application: Can be used on body and face, should be applied in circular motion, do not mix with other products, always apply to clean skin, wait 2-3mins before applying other products, do not apply to broken skin. If pregnant - use from first trimester onwards for best results.
There is also a really good website with more details: www.bio-oil.com
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply