4.6 3 0.5
Neutrogena Visibly Even Foaming Cleanser
Bath Soaps, Cleansers, Washes June 25, 2013 256
A convert in the making.
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

As with all face products, results are usually only visible after a couple weeks, so I waited before reserving judgment on this.

To start with I adore the packaging, it’s clean; neat and I love the bronze/gold and white colour scheme.

On first using I noticed how creamy the formula is, for someone with very dry skin it was pure bliss to use during these dry winter months. The exfoliating beads are not as harsh as some cleansers I've tried, which I am extremely grateful for, allowing for twice daily use without cause for irritation.

After about the first week my skin had taken on a delightful supple feel and was adorned with a lovely glow, needless to say I was extremely pleased with the results. Unfortunately at the start of the second week I broke out over my chin area, I'm going to put this down to my monthly cycle running riot with my hormones. I made the decision to carry on with the cleanser and am very glad I did, my breakout cleared within about a week and I am happy to report that I am officially a Neutrogena Visibly Even Convert!

I have just completed my third week and besides the suppleness and glow as mentioned earlier, it also seems to have helped out with my hyper-pigmentation. My cheek and upper lip areas where it is most prominent have definitely lightened and are now very close to the colouring of the rest of my skin.

I am thrilled that Neutrogena have decided to use natural ingredients such as Soy and am hoping they extend the range further from the Moisturiser and Cleanser.

The bottom line....I do highly recommend the product, especially to those who suffer from hyper-pigmentation or dark spots.

Some interesting Soy Bean Extract info:

"Soy extract’s increased use in anti-aging products is largely due to studies showing that genistein (a component of soy) has a collagen-stimulating effect and that various compounds in soy influence skin thickness and elasticity" (Sources: Cosmetics & Toiletries, June 2002, pages 45–50; and Journal of Cosmetic Science, September–October 2004, pages 473–479)

"Potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent for skin" (Sources: Cancer Investigation, 1996, volume 14, number 6, pages 597–608; Skin Pharmacology and Applied Skin Physiology, May–June 2002, pages 175–183; and Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, June 2005, pages 1049–1059).
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply