fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.7 50 0.5
Cleansers,Toners,Washes January 17, 2017 1276
Neutrogena hydro boost range - water gel moisturiser, micellar water and water gel cleanser
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Its the end off a hydrating two week trial period. Firstly a big thank you to Beauty Bulletin and Neutrogena SA for choosing us to be one off the BB influencers to put the Neutrogena hydro boost range to the test.
Firstly lets share a small background on my skin. I have very oily skin and being a makeup lover my makeup is sliding around for most of the day. I am a huge sucker especially if the word MATTIFYING is in the product description. I have never really had a skin care routine that i can faithfully stick too so i did my research and an interesting point that struck me was that not only dry skin tones need hydration but oily skin also lacks hydration hence why oil builds up.
I got sent the water gel cleanser, water gel moisturizer and the micellar water.
Moisturiser:
This moisturiser was a real winner for me from the refreshing fragrance to the non sticky feel i can say it instantly hydrated my skin. I kid you not and you will see it in my before and after pics to follow after first use my skin looked more healthy and hydrated opposed to the dull look it normal has. It is a lightweight gel like "cream" that literally feels like you massaging water into your skin.
PRO TIP: this water gel makes the perfect makeup primer so to say. I noticed that it allowed for my foundation to go on more smoothly than any other primer i use and my makeup lasted a tad bit longer. I also used the water gel on my lips before i went to bed and it pretty much cured my atrocious chapped lips.
I used this gel religiously morning and evening it didnt give me the matte look i want but i still love it anyway and i give it a 4/5. ????
Cleanser:
I probably am the queen of getting cleanser into my eyes and leaving it burning and red and basically not fancy like the girls in the adverts you see on T.V. However this cleanser is BOMB! I used a generous three pumps of cleanser morning and night and i really got into and around my eye area and in the two weeks it never burned ever! It has the same  refreshing fragrance as the gel. The only downside to this cleanser is even though it activates with water it doesnt foam up as much i would like it to but it does the job and it excels even more if used along with a facial brush. The water gel cleanser gets a 4/5. ????
Micellar water:
When it comes to removing makeup and impurities micellar water is my BFF. Since the big hype about micellar water a few years ago i have been using the Avon micellar water and the Garnier micellar water. Both of this micellar water left my eyes irritated especially when i got up close and personal when it came to removing stubborn mascara and gel eyeliners. However the pro about the Neutrogena micellar water is i could have poured half the bottle in my eye and it would not have irritated my sensitve eyes ? (please do not try this at home?) the only downside to it though is i have to use twice as much product to properly remove my layers of mascara than i would my Garnier micellar water. I have mixed feelings about this product from the range so it gets an on the fence 3/5 from me ???
PRO TIP: pour some micellar water in a cup and throw in your dirty makeup brushes in the liquid to spot clean your brushes.

To sum it up i have immensely enjoyed using this range. Out of the three products i would defintely repurchase the water gel moisturiser and the cleanser. With regards to the micellar water i personally would not buy it even though i love that it doesnt cause havoc to my eyes. I really wanted to try the Neutrogena micellar wipes so i will certainly be picking up the micellar wipes once im done with the micellar water.
Money wise i personally feel the water gel is slightly pricey (student budget problems) it retails for R139, 95. Although a little bit does go a long way with the gel. The cleanser and micellar water / wipes both retail for an affordable R99, 95.
The Neutrogena hydro boost range can be found at Dischem, Clicks, Foschini and online stores.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
IMG_20170207_174419_299.jpg
TU
4 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply