Review Detail

4.4 13 0.5
Oils and Gels March 12, 2014 1231
Hot Oil Treatment
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I Started using MPL Coconut oil by chance, when my hairstylist just put some for me after I had relaxed my hair. Personally I enjoy this product but I use it sparingly.

How to use
Option 1: You can use it like you would any treatment put a bit onto your scalp and a tiny amount onto your hair.

Option 2 (my favorite) : use it as a hot (hot) oil treatment, the oil on its own once on the scalp has a warm sensation, in this method you can boil a cup of water and put your oil inside the cup of water to heat it up some more. thereafter you can apply to your scalp. I love this method because it feels so wonderful and it speeds up the process and strengthens my hair. (if you want to go the extra mile, you can then proceed with the inversion method http://naijahaircangrow.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-inversion-test-results-are-in.html )

Pros: Strengthens and promotes hair growth, also helps with itching.

Cons: It is a very heavy concentrated oil, so use it sparingly. It also doesn't smell so great.

I use my oil about twice a month, i just make sure to use it around times where I know i will be washing my hair as i do not like the smell.

Price & Purchase Points
I usually buy mine at clicks, however I have seen it at small salons as well as many supermarkets. It does not cost above R100 I just can not remember the price.
T
Top 500 Reviewer 21 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Leave a Reply