Review Detail

4.5 27 0.5
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara.png
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils August 19, 2010 620
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The results are exactly what I expected from Maybelinne's famous Great Lash formula - they haven't changed the formulation - they simply improved on the brush to ehance the product. Great Lash mascara has always been a mascara that is quick and easy to use and gives you excellent results every single time.

I applied 1 coat of the mascara to my top and bottom lashes and because I used the Blackest Black colour I only needed 1 coat to achieve the look in the photo I uploaded. Maybelinne's formula is such that you can easily build up the desired colour and volume very quickly with no clumping.

The new brush is heart shaped and uses rubber like bristles which is different from the traditional Great Lash brush (pictured above). Because the bristles are shorter on the tip it is very easy to get to the inner corner of your eyelids and coat those lashes with mascara - which can be a challenge at times with other brushes. The new bristles also ensure that the mascara applies smoothly with zero clumping and separates lashes beautifully.

The mascara lasts well on your lashes all day and can easily be removed with your usual face wash or makeup remover.
Another great thing about this mascara is the price - you get a top quality product that has proven itself for over 40 years for under R100. Not many other mascaras have been able to stand the test of time as this one has.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply