Review Detail

4.3 24 0.5
Lipsticks October 21, 2010 722
Maybelline - Color Sensational Pearls Lipstick :: 842 ROSEWOOD PEARL
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

In my Beauty Bulletin Review Club package I received 4 different lip colours. This little beauty was the first one that I tried out. I was immediately drawn to the packaging, which is a transparent, pretty pink casing. This lipstick is part of the Color Sensational collection called 'The Pearls'.

I don't normally wear nudes, frosty or very light colours, as I have a very pale complexion. I usually look like I accidentally left foundation on my lips, so I steer clear of them. What I love about this light shade is that it has a pink undertone, which is perfect for fair-skinned ladies, like myself.

This colour is a light pinkish/brown pearly colour that is almost the exact same colour as my natural lips. The more I use it, the more I like it. It's not frosted at all, but rather a very creamy, soft, shimmery colour. It has a lovely texture, and really glides onto the lips. They are supposed to be very nourishing, as they contain honey nectar. I won't say they are ultra moisturising, but they definitely don't dry my lips out. Also, if your lips are dry to begin with, then I think these creamy textured lipsticks will only accentuate that.

These definitely don't last very long, especially on someone like me, who can't help but lick their lips. But this isn't a problem for me, as lipsticks never last very long on me anyway.

Thanks again BB. You have changed my mind about light lipsticks :)

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply