Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.7 4 0.5
Lipsticks March 03, 2013 165
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Twig is best described as a brownish pink but the brown is very subtle. I used this lipstick in my last no mirror make up video (http://www.beautybulletin.com/videos/makeup/no-mirror-makeup-4-amina-parker).
On me its a lot brighter because my skin is dark so it stands out a lot but on someone more fair it would be a very muted pink, almost nude color.
It has a satin finish so it is really creamy on your lips. I do have to constantly reapply though since it does not have a matte finish, it transfers onto coffee cups or just disappears as the day goes. I do not mind though since mac lipsticks lasts me ages and its a beautiful color.
Its one of those shades that can suit everyone because it is very natural but has a slight pink tint.
I paid R180 for this lipstick and I definitely would repurchase it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
March 07, 2013
I agree that it is a gorgeous colour. It is one of the most sought after colour in the MAC range.
How ever, on some people, it tends to go violety on the lips. Always keep in mind that a colour will change on your lips, depending on the acidity of your skin.
Try and use a lip pencil of a similar colour and fill in the whole lip and then apply your lipstick. The lipstick will still come off, but your lips will be stained with the lip pencil.
YM
Your majestys
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply