5.0 89 0.5
Bath Soaps, Cleansers, Washes May 13, 2011 1588
Lux Beauty Body Wash Fine Fragrance: Sheer Twilight
(Updated: July 09, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

MMmmm… a delightfully decadent addition to the Lux body was family… Introducing the luscious, lavish and lust-worthy Lux Fine Fragrance in Sheer Twilight.

Now days when you hear the word Twilight, you immediately think Jacob, Edward and Bella running through some forest, but LUX has now brought the magnetic fantasy back to our senses.

This body was from Lux is infused with Juniper oil and the lavish scent of the Black Orchid. Just the mention of these two ingredients sends you on a magical and enchanted journey. The smell is absolutely divine; it definitely enhances your bathing/showering experience. This body wash is rich and opulent making a daily mundane task feel like a royal treatment.
The bottle is done in an ombre effect starting at the top in white and ending in a deep purple/plum. The lid and nape of the bottle is curved, this is a simple but effective technique used to create a beautiful feminine form. The back has little circled illustrations with instructions for use. The front and back shows a creamy almost satin looking purple liquid being poured like liquid silk. This I find is quiet deceiving as I expected the wash to have a similar consistency; yet the wash is more of a gel.

The gel wash needs some squeezing in order to flow freely from the bottle but once on the sponge builds up to a creamy, fragrant lather. I squeezed some onto my fingers and found the consistency to be ‘tacky” and gummy. It’s also not very effective to use as a bath soak as not many bubbles are produced this way.

The gel is a deep purple colour but can be seen through. Little tiny bubbles can be seen in the el, this I assume are the fragrance pearls. The wash is easy to use and leaves skin feeling silky soft, supple and nurtured. The steam enhances the scent and helps envelope all your senses. I was impressed that the deep purple colouring managed not to stain my white body sponge.

I was a tad disappointed though that about after an hour the scent had dissipated, but my skin was still feeling smooth and soft. Now that were heading to a drier season I find from using this body wash, my skin is more hydrated. I have been bowled over by LUX, they’ve proven to me there not a “mummy” brand that I once perceived them to be. My one recommendation though would be to have a more detailed bottle that represents the variant better like maybe the actual Black Orchid opened under a starry purple sky.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply