Review Detail

4.7 2 0.5
Scrubs, Exfoliators, Peels May 22, 2014 488
#Lush Popcorn lip scrub
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Lip scrubs are amazing! Due to the trend of matte lipsticks, everyone wants plump, smooth lips. THIS IS YOUR SOLUTION!

The first ever lip scrub I tried was a Lush one, but it was the Minty Julips flavor! I LOVED the chocolatey flavor but I got bored of it, so I decided to buy the popcorn flavor when I repurchased the lip scrub.

All the Lush lip scrubs are R105 and available at Lush stores in SA. One lip scrub costs R105. The price tag is quite heavy, I must admit. However, I feel that due to Lush using only the finest of fresh natural ingredients and the fact that it is handmade, my body is safe from any chemicals.

Another thing which I really love, is the sticker at the bottom of the tiny jar that tells you when the lip scrub was made. It also has a personal touch and tells you by whom the product was made. This is sticker is standard for all Lush products that come in tubs.

The ingredients in this lip scrub according to the bottle are: caster sugar, jojoba oil, sea salt, polenta, coconut oil, and popping candy flavor.

Caster sugar is the main exfoliating agent in the lip scrub. Jojoba oil has EXTREME moisturizing properties! It is an essential oil that is the closest to our sebum. Coconut oil is also very nourishing. I scoop out a small amount on my index finger and rub it on my dry lips. I do not wet my fingertips or lips when I use the scrub because it dissolves the sugar.

After scrubbing, my lips feel so heavenly! The jojoba oil and coconut oil combat the harshness of the sugar and scrubbing and leaves your lips supple and pink!

The taste is my favorite. Lush describes it as: "a buttery, caramel taste". I find it tangy but not sour! Its SUPER yum!

The small bottle is a 25g bottle and it lasts me for six months and I scrub my lips three times a week.

Hope you found this helpful!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply