Review Detail

4.3 8 0.5
Lipsticks October 21, 2010 309
L’oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipcolour Compact
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

What I like about this product is that it is definitely long wearing. I wouldn’t say 16 hours but it does last well throughout the day even if you eat and drink. Once your lips start looking less glossy, you can just add a coat of lip balm.

The packaging is quite cute and original. There are two sides to the product, the lipcolour and the lipbalm and you push it from the bottom in order to pull out the wand or the lip balm. The outside surface of the product is reflective, so it doubles up as a mirror. The mirror is only usable from close; you definitely can’t use it to apply makeup to your face as it tends to get blurry.

What I don’t like about the product is that sometimes it can be very drying on my lips (which are already prone to being dry). If you don’t wait for the product to dry (usually 1 min) and you put your lips together, it tends to get flakey and blotches on the lips. I’m not sure if this is just because it’s on my lips, but this is my personal experience with the product. You also can’t reapply the lipcolour later during the day without ruining it, so you have to make sure to apply enough and properly the first time. It also takes longer than usual to apply lipcolour because you must wait for the colour to dry for 1 minute before applying the lip balm. Another disadvantage is that you will most probably need a makeup remover to remove the product (it is long lasting afterall). It’s also quite expensive at R155.95 at Clicks! I can buy a MAC lipstick or lipgloss with that!
K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply