Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.7 1 0.5
Scrubs, Exfoliators, Peels March 10, 2012 394
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was really excited to receive this product to review this month as I have used it before and absolutely loved it!

Cathepzyme 1 is a very gentle exfoliator, suitable for even the most sensitive skins, and it really does leave your skin feeling soft and smooth with absolutely no irritation. I have the type of skin that is prone to going red very easily, especially when stimulated with traditional exfoliators. With Cathepzyme 1 there is absolutely no redness immediately after use, nor does my skin feel sensitive or irritated.

Cathepyme 1 must be applied to clean, dry skin, and can be applied very close to the eye area. On the packing it says to massage the Cathepzyme 1 onto cleansed, dry skin for 3 minutes. I found that when I tried this I used a lot more product as it absorbs into the skin long before 3 minutes are up. So I found that the best solution was just to apply a generous layer and leave it on the skin for 3 minutes with no massaging. The results were exactly the same and my product will go further! Because Cathepzyme 1 is self-neutralizing you don't need to use cleanser to remove it, you just rinse it off with warm water.

You can slot this product into either your morning or evening routine, as it also does not induce sun sensitivity. So because my skin looks and feels so good immediately after using it, I use it in the mornings so that the effect is not wasted!

For anyone interested, there is also a stronger version available, Cathepzyme 2. This can be used on skins that have used Cathepzyme 1 and now want slightly stronger results. Cathepzyme 2 is also brilliant for Keratosis Pilaris (those pesky bumps that a lot of people get on their upper arms that look like goose bumps but never go away).

I would highly recommend Cathpezyme 1 to anyone looking for a gentle but effective home exfoliation system.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

This Post Has One Comment

1. Reshika

Hi
    I am requesting samples of lamellae cathpezyme 1 an cathpezyme 2
    Home peel exfoliator
    To try the 2 strengths first before I purchase

Can yourl please send me samples

Thank you

Leave a Reply