4.8 38 0.5
Hair Dyes July 18, 2014 2384
L'Oreal - Casting Creme Gloss 454 Chocolate Brownie
(Updated: July 07, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I purchased this dye in 454 Chocolate brownie thinking it was the perfect shade of 'chocolate' brown that I am looking for. To start off my hair color was a warm light brown with natural red undertones and usually takes to dye quite nicely, esp that this was approx 1 shade darker than the color that i was at the time. The packaging is fairly average and I find the applicator tube to be annoying as you can't seems to squeeze the remainder of the product out from the corners. That being said, I do find that a greater deal of solution is given with this line, as usually I need 2 boxes to color my entire head, with this though, I only needed one and still had a bit to spare which was great. The color has a pleasant fruity smell, nothing over powering and this makes it a pleasure to use. The end result.... after washing off the color and conditioner that was supplied, i proceeded to dry my hair and then flat iron. Various factors got my attentions. A) My hair was a deep red almost burgundy color, quite dark and NOTHING as showed on the box. b) it was glossy and shining like no-one's business, soft, and very sleek. I wasn't expecting the color, so it was a huge surprise to me, and took some getting use to, but now im okay with it (I will be going back to Garnier frosted chestnut as soon as possible!), and I think the glossy bit can be attributed to the awesome casting conditioner given along with the dye. All in all, a good dye, but it doesn't deliver accurate color results which is actually a disappointment for me. 2 and a half weeks later and the color is as vibrant as before even though its meant to fade with each wash as its classified as a semi perm color - its seems more of a permanent color to me, but guess only time will tell.
SC
Top 50 Reviewer 280 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply