fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

3.8 54 0.5
Anti-Ageing Creams January 19, 2015 1470
Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Cream (Review Club)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Ok, let me put this out there. I never expected to be chosen as one of the 35 women on Beauty Bulletin to be getting the full-size Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Cream (worth R785) and five sample-size sachets of Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum (worth R260). I am so excited as this is my FIRST time being in a review club.

I did the survey and honestly forgot about it. When I got that private message (you girls know what I’m talking about, yip the one that makes your heart sing and your eyebrows do the happy dance, yes, I can do that . . . it’s a rare talent indeed)
But my heart sank fast because I was nervous to try out the face cream. Why? Because I have had terrible breakouts recently and I picked at my spots (*hangs head in shame*) and well, it has left some bad scarring and uneven texture and tone to my skin as you see in the photographs. I am on a pretty strict skin care regime at the moment but I’ve stopped that and I now only use the moisturizer and eye cream.
I have combination skin, which can get oily on my T-Zone and I sometimes get dry patches on around my nose. This hasn’t happened in a while.
I don’t have huge pores but they are visible if you look really close as you can also see in the photographs. These photos were taken in natural light and I have nothing on my face. Yes, it took some courage. I the photos at angle where you can see the problem areas as well as my severe dark circles and pigmentation and freckles.
This cream claims to address the signs of aging and promises that the Beech Tree Extract, Jasmine and Hyaluronic Acids will lift, firm and retexturize skin.

My Routine:
I cleanse my face with the Estee Lauder Re-Nutrive Hydrating Crème cleanser (hate this stuff and basically trying to finish it because it was so expensive but it does nothing for my skin except hydrate it so I know it will not alter the results). I then spritz some Avene Thermique spray on my face let that dry and apply both eye cream then the face cream twice a day.
Because this moisturizer doesn’t have sunscreen I am using my Heliocare 360 Airgel sunblock SPF50.
By the time this post goes up, I would have been using the cream for three days.
The product and my short experience with it
The cream is white and thick, but feels lightweight on the skin. It’s very hydrating but not greasy. The first time I applied it to my face I felt a tingling, sensation on my face. At first, the tingling felt intense but it stopped after about 10 minutes. On the second day of using the cream, I noticed and my husband did as well that my skin looked brighter. That’s quite a rapid response and very impressive.

The packaging is cool in a vintage kind of way.
The jar is a purple plastic and it has a metal screw top. I don’t like the packaging because I prefer products that come in a tube or a bottle with a pump. I do use a spatula to get this cream out.
One of my biggest fears when trying this cream out was that I would break out and I did yesterday. Not hectic , just a few new friends on my face.
I hope it doesn’t get worse. I believe though that when one uses a new product, ones skin usually reacts with a spot or two. However, I will ride it out and see what happens. The cream smells herbal, I definitely got a whiff of eucalyptus and tea tree oil. I hate fragrance in skin care but this is something that isn’t overwhelming and you only smell it when you apply it on your face.
On the jar it claims that skin feels intensely hydrated (yes), texture looks refined and pores are less visible (haven’t seen that yet) revealing a fresh, healthy youthful-looking radiance . . . ( my hubby and I have seen the radiance).
another before close up
My clean skin with no product taken in natural lighting
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
April 24, 2015
Great review Prativa.....you have convinced me that the range is worth the spend.edgars here i come
R
rash
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply