3.9 36 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams July 07, 2016 933
My Kiehl's Story
(Updated: August 10, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Remember how happy I was when Beauty Bulletin chose me to review Kiehl's fab five skincare routine?
I couldn't wait to use the products because I had heard so much about them. The review fell right into my goals for 2016 (great skin, get fit, eat healthy, make my first million... you know, the usual).

Religiously, I pampered myself every night and every morning with the products. I was committed to dedicating the next 28 days to Kiehl's and healthy skin.
My favourite was the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, because it smelled of lavender and calmed me down after a rather hectic day. It also performed miracles on my face. I swear Kiehl's stuffs each bottle with fairy dust because I looked like I had a facelift. I'm not even kidding. It was as if the Midnight Recovery Concentrate was an actual Instagram filter - in fact, Instagram should name a filter after this product.

Little did I know that my journey with Kiehl's was about to take a turn. Day 3 into my challenge I experienced a break out on my chin - 3 pesky pimples weaseled their way to freedom, making a break for it right through my delicate skin. It was extremely painful and I could almost hear when it throbbed. I've always heard people say when you start a new skin regime, this sort of thing tends to happen, so I continued with the challenge. By day 7 the break out got worse so I decided to email Lori from Beauty Bulletin. She responded immediately and told me she would get Kiehl's to contact me. I spoke to a Kiehl's consultant that very day who then told me to stop using the products immediately.

A few days later Kiehl's dermatologist, Dr. Sian Hartshorne, called me to chat about my skin. It turns out that I am experiencing adult acne! Adult acne? I am still getting my head around that one. After chatting to me indepth, Dr. Hartshorne explained that my skin was to sensitive for the amount of products I was using. She then officially advised me to stop using all the Kiehl's products and prescribed an ointment to ease the pain.

Now you may think that I am disappointed by this whole experience, but you are sadly mistaken. I am highly impressed by the way Beauty Bulletin and Kiehl's handled the situation. It felt as if I was their top priority and they stopped at nothing to get to the bottom of my crisis.

Would I recommend Kiehl's? Absolutely! Even though it didn't work for me, I have seen some phenomenal reviews of the brand. In fact, I managed to convert a few people to change to Kiehl's. If it doesn't work for you, at least they have an amazing, caring team to assist you on your Kiehl's journey.

I would like to thank Beauty Bulletin and Kiehl's for the opportunity to review the #High5toGreatSkin products.

p.s. My skin is healing nicely and I found a nice light tinted moisturiser to cover up the blemishes.

Stay Gold,
Mandy

************************************************************************************

The Kiehl's 28 Day Challenge - First Impressions

Hello Beautiful,
Today I received my much anticipated package from Beauty Bulletin, 5 Kiehl's products that promises to change my skin within 28 days. Let me say that again - Twenty-eight days!

When I read that Beauty Bulletin was searching for beauty influencers to take up the challenge, I absolutely had to enter because nothing works on my skin. Let me explain -
I've been blessed with problem free skin all through my teens and early 20's. At 27 I fell pregnant and I've been suffering with skin issues ever since. I wouldn't exactly call it adult acne, but my skin is patchy, I experience breakouts and I definitely have dark spot or discolouration issues. That's the reason I don't go anywhere without my foundation or at least a bit of bronzer.

Beauty Bulletin have requested that I take a few no makeup selfies and I am not going to lie to you, it wasn't easy. I made a promise to myself that I will always be truthful to you so here goes. See below for pic. The struggle is really real
Note the patchiness just below my hairline.
There you have it, @themandyex in her true form - pigmentation, big pores, dark circles around the eyes, you name it, it's there. Sheesh, I feel like Alicia Keys right now. This is kinda liberating!

The Kiehl's high 5 products include:
Dermatologist Solutions™ Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing
Dermatologist Solutions™ Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution
Ultra Facial Moisturizing Cream
Creamy Eye Treatment with Avo
Midnight Recovery Concentrate
When I first saw the packaging I thought "Wow, Kiehl's mean business." These products are not wrapped in pretty boxes to lure you into buying them, in fact they look almost medicinal. Now I don't know about you, but that in itself makes me believe that these products could actually work on my skin!

To follow my expedition to fabulous skin, please join me on Instagram and my Facebook page. I will be using #changeyourskin and #high5togreatskin. Who knows, I may even throw in a video or Snapchat to document it all.

Have you used Kiehl's before? I'd love to hear from you!

Stay Gold,
Mandy

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
20160714_113843.jpg
2016-07-14-12-42-14.jpg
T
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply