Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams July 07, 2016 933
Kiehls #ChangeYourSkin 28 Day Challenge by CGScreative
(Updated: July 27, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Hi everyone!

My name is Roxy and I'm the blogger behind CGScreative (formerly CityGirlSearching). I've just turned 28 (yesterday was my birthday & so this challenge has come at just the right time!). I have been invited to test out Kiehls claim to #ChangeYourSkin in 28 days. Follow along in my journey here:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

|| First Impressions:

I've got a short video of my impressions, and more specifically my skin concerns.
Click here to see the first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yc66-gP-Gk
I just got back from South Korea where I was living for the past few years. It was mid summer (humid & hot) and landed smack bang into the dry Winter of South Africa and so my skin has no idea what's going on.

Apart from dryness & fine lines, my biggest skin concern is pigmentation which I'm hoping these products are able to help me with. I can't wait to start using them and to share with you my thoughts and feelings on them and how they are making my skin look & feel.

This will be my first experience of the Kiehls brand but I have heard such great things about their products and can't wait to experience them first hand.

Here are the products I'll be testing over the next 28 days:

*Midnight Recovery Concentrate (R755)
*Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate (R825):
*Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution (R700):
*Ultra Facial Cream (R355):
*Ultra facial Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado (R385):

#High5ToGreatSkin!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

|| UPDATE: How my skin feels +-1 week on & how I've been using the products

I officially started using all 5 products for the past 5 days and am happy to report that I am LOVING them! No more tight skin throughout the day, just supple skin the stays well moisturised through out the day.
I have been continuing with my usual skincare routine (Korean beauty products from my time spent living in South Korea) which consists of:
-gentle face cleanser
-toner
-suncream (super important to use everyday, especially when using any products that contain high doses of Vitamin C!)

Morning:
After cleansing & toning my skin I start with the Kiehls Ultra facial Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. The hygiene seal is a little finicky as excess cream keeps getting caught outside the lid but I seem to have figured out a good system now. A little really goes a long way, and I can tell this eye cream is going to last a very long time. The cream sinks into my skin effortlessly and has really helped fill in the fine lines I have under and around my eyes. I'm looking forward to seeing how much of an improvement of fine lines I see in the next few weeks.

Next I apply the Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate. It's a rather thick texture which is harder to rub than other concentrates I've used before BUT I love the fact that it is thick as it leaves me skin feeling taught and mattified. I was worried my skin would be left feeling taught and dry but that hasn't been the case at all. I really love how plump and firm my entire face feels after using this cream.

Once that's been applied I use the Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution. It's a very runny oil which I LOVE! I love the fragrance and the texture, which does take a little getting used to as you have to work quickly to rub it in. It sets the Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate really nicely, but does require a few minutes to sink into your skin. I apply this over my entire face, and then use more to target my problem pigmentation areas by dabbing more serum onto those places.

After waiting a few minutes I then apply the Ultra Facial Cream which is a thick, white textured cream that is easily absorbed into the skin. I really like fragranced skin care items, and find the subtle smell of this cream to be a little off putting to me. But it goes away rather quickly and my skin is left supple and smooth.

Finally I apply my favourite suncream and let everything set for a few minutes before beginning my makeup routine.

Evening:
My evening routine is the same as the above, minus the suncream and with the addition of the Midnight Recovery Concentrate.
Straight after cleansing and toning I apply the Midnight Recovery Concentrate which has the most delightful, subtle lavender fragrance. It's perfect for bedtime and helps me relax and unwind from the day. This oil based serum takes a little time to be absorbed into the skin, but the process of massaging it all over my face is a very relaxing one and one I look forward to.

Then I add the eye cream, line reducing concentrate, dark spot solution & finally the ultra cream and then I'm ready for bed.

Since living in South Korea (and experiencing the world of Asian beauty) I am well accustomed to so many skincare steps (Korean women swear by the 10 Step Beauty Routine) so adding in these 5 skincare products hasn't been an issue for me. I do think some women might find it a it harder to adjust to putting so many creams and lotions on their skin, but you get used to it quickly and your skin will thank you for it!
I will keep you updated on how my skin changes throughout the next few weeks!

|| UPDATE Week 2 VIDEO

Watch the video below to see how I use the Kiehls products as well as how my skin has been after using them!
P.S It is only after watching my own video that I have realised I have probably been using some of the products in the wrong order...eeek! The instructions on the packaging weren't very helpful, simply stating to use the products after cleansing (an oil based product should go BEFORE a cream product...silly me) so I have adjusted my routine and am using the products in the following way now on:

1. Midnight Recovery Concentrate (night time)
2. Ultra facial Creamy Eye Treatment
3. Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution
4. Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate
5. Ultra Facial Cream

Stay tuned for a progress photo soon!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
After 2 weeks of using the 5 Kiehls products
No Makeup Selfie (before photo)
#High5ToGreatSkin 28 Day Challenge with Kiehls & Beauty Bulletin
#ChangeYourSkin Challenge with Kiehls & Beauty Bulletin - How I use each product
28 Day #ChangeYourSkin Challenge with Kiehls & Beauty Bulletin - First Impressions
R
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply