3.9 36 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams July 07, 2016 933
UPDATE: Overall outcomes
(Updated: August 02, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

For the #ChangeYourSkin challenge, I'm going to try all five Kiehl's CULT products for 28 days.

I've just finished a course of Accutane and I occasionally do Retin-A treatments, on top of that its winter so my skin at the moment is dry, tight, and sensitive. I'm also seeing early signs of aging like fine lines around my eyes and a stubborn dark spot on my temple.

With these 5 products, I'm hoping to see the dark spot on my temple lightened, improved moisture and elasticity, and reduced fine lines.

As someone who tries my best to follow a mostly natural diet, I started to think about what I was putting onto my skin as well. I put a lot of effort into eating plant-based, natural foods, and then I realised that my skin deserves the same. Kiehl's products are scientifically formulated using only the highest quality naturally-derived ingredients, which is better for your skin. It's the perfect balance between nature and science.

If you have sensitive skin, harsh chemicals in skin care products can increase irritation, causing damage to your skin in the long run. The mild, natural ingredients in Kiehl's products makes them suitable for even the most sensitive.

I have now been using the products for 5 days and my standout favorites so far are the Creamy Eye Treatment, Midnight Recovery Oil, and the Ultra Face Cream.

Creamy Eye Treatment

Week 1: I've been using the Creamy Eye Treatment for two years now. I always had commitment issues with skin care products. I could never stick to one brand, there was always something newer and better to try. But after I tried the Creamy Eye Treatment, all of that changed and I never looked at another eye treatment again. One pot of this will last you 6 months, so it's well worth the hefty price tag. The texture is divine, and it doesn't migrate into your eyes. I use it two ways; at night as an eye mask, or in the morning to rejuvenate the skin under my eyes. I notice an immediate improvement in the appearance of fine lines around my eyes.

Week 2: Please see video review

Week 3: I could never look back from this eye cream. As much as it delivers exceptional moisture for my winter skin concerns, it is simultaneously fresh and light which means I can use it all year round as my skin concerns change.

Ultra Facial Cream

Week 1: This product was tested by a team of explorers who trekked through Greenland and it promises to be the ideal product for tight and dry winter skin. It manages to be simultaneously lightweight and packs a moisture punch. So gentle and mild, it's suitable for even the most sensitive skin. I use this in the mornings and my skin drinks it up, the result is instantly radiant and healthy looking skin.

Week 3: I have been carrying this beauty in my bag, ready to go anytime throughout the day when my skin needs a refreshing boost. This cream is also ideal to mix with strobe cream, or foundation for dewy looking skin.

Line Reducing Concentrate

Week 1: I can see that marionette lines will be something I will develop later on, so I'm happy to see that this product tackles just that, as well as forehead and lip lines, and overall texture. It contains 10,5% pure vitamin C, which is an active ingredient I always look for in a product. I use this every second night, alternating it with the Midnight Recovery Oil, and I notice a warming sensation as the product sets to work. I consider this product to be a preventative treatment for women in their 20's, as deep wrinkles aren't a concern for us yet.

Week 3: At first I didn't notice it, but as mentioned in my video review I am astounded by the instant improvement in texture when I use this concentrate. It smooths skin beautifully, I honestly didn't expect such an instant and significant improvement. In my video review, I said that I'm not a fan of layering products, so I alternate this with the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, but I have since tried using both twice a week as a treatment and I was pleased with the results. Both are absorbed well and don't feel heavy on my skin. I still wouldn't layer them every night.

Midnight Recovery Concentrate

Week 1: I'm totally hooked on this oil, and not only because of its exceptional moisture replenishing properties but also because of the Lavender scent which aids in relaxation and a good nights sleep. It's a great product to add to your nightly routine. The best time to apply an oil is at night when skin naturally repairs itself. This demonstrates Kiehl's approach to working with nature to improve your skin.

Week 3: Still a favorite of mine since day 1. Lightweight, nourishing, and relaxing are the three words i would use to describe this product. I really look forward to using it at night.

Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution

Week 1: The Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution is part of my morning routine, I apply onto a clean face and I let it settle for a minute or two. At night, I apply a little directly to my dark spot just to deliver an extra bit of vitamin C to help it fade. It's a non-sticky, lightweight formula that feels like a second skin. Next, I apply the Ultra Facial Cream or my sunscreen. I expect to see an improvement of dark spots later on in the challenge.

Week 3: I love this product, I've been using it twice a day. I've upped the amount I use of this in the hopes of seeing an improvement in my pesky dark spot. I still don't see a difference but expect that my dark spot is sun damage induced and would require a stronger treatment.

Overall outcomes:

- Continued improvement in fine lines around eye area
- Improvement in texture
- Marked improvement in dryness, redness, and soreness from winter weather
- No drastic improvement in dark spots

What I love about the products:

- Mild scent
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- Naturally-derived ingredients
- Formulas backed by science
- Excellent Absorbency

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Before
Creamy Eye Treatment and Dark Spot Solution
Before
Before
Kiehl's #ChangeYourSkin Challenge
FF
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments