Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.4 13 0.5
#ChallengeYourSkin LKiehl's Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Do you ever realize that even if you have diligently applied anti-ageing creams and lotions on your skin to help achieve a youthful looking skin, your skin still appears dull and tired looking? Well, its probably due to “age related dehydration” ARD in short (because we love to sound like experts). It's a condition that many Dermatologists are recently identifying as one of the key contributors to the appearance of aging skin.

Age-Related dehydration is caused by an imbalance of moisture within the skin that occurs as we age, making skin more prone to showing signs of aging sooner. I started having this skin concern several months ago but didn’t realize it was due to ARD.

So to address itI sought to try out Kiehl’s Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate. The formula in this product is said to help correct the signs of ARD by “flooding” the deepest surface layers of dehydrated skin to restore vital moisture. When skin is hydrated, it will appear more fresh, plump and youthful.

Inspired by Dermatologist who really really care about us :) the serum is formulated with a potent complex of plant-based Glycerin – a natural “moisture magnet” and Shiso Leaf Extract which helps protects the ‘anchoring’ of deep moisture into the skin’s surface layers. Bonus! As many of us know that the technology behind almost all topical products only work as far as the top layer of the skin which in most cases is never enough to bring optimum results. The extract also helps protects against the degradation of the skin’s natural Hyaluronic Acid - (expert alert)

To achieve significant hydration and penetration results, that effectively address ARD, Kiehl’s chemists chose to formulate without waxes, eliminating any barriers, to ensure a more bioavailable preparation when applied on the skin. Second, the formula was developed with an internal water phase that is larger than the external phase to impart an incredibly lightweight texture that ‘bursts’ on application. This internal water phase, which carries the key ingredients – plant-based Glycerin and Shiso Leaf – comprises 85% of the emulsion. On one of my weekly reviews I made mention of the water residue visible upon application. This is the science behind. I had to find it out. It sounds like a lab report but its knowledge is power.

Moving on to information I didn't have to Google.

Its unscented, smooth velvety texture, easily absorbed and extremely hydrating. I love that it acts as an excellent primer. So if you're a primer user, you can enjoy an added benefit with this product. However for this, I'd strongly advise that you start out with a sample first as foundations differ in formulation.

A well formulated serum I have to say and with no alcohol in it, any chances of skin sensitivity were narrowed from zero to none. On one of my weekly updates I mentioned how previously to achieve the same glowy, dewy morning after results, I’d have to guzzle down a litre of water at night time, all in one go. Now with just 2/3 pumps applied on my skin I get the same results in just a few hours.

Definitely a fave, and bravo to the experts behind it.

Say goodbye to ARD and dull fatigued skin, Kiehl it. You'll find it at your nearest Edgars store. (Available at the big Edgar's stores)

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply