4.9 49 0.5
Fragrances November 07, 2013 664
Killer Queen by Katy Perry
(Updated: July 02, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

When I first saw Killer Queen by Katy Perry I was immediately intrigued wondering if the same power in the name would also be found in the fragrance. Would I also smell like a ‘killer Queen’? Having men gaze upon me as I ‘power-walk’ down the street like in the ad for the fragrance Men Will Melt. Although that didn't happen (mainly because I don’t know how to ‘power-walk’, yet and secondly I have been writing exams for the past two months so the only walking I did was into the exam room and into bed) I was still not at all disappointed with the fragrance.

Its top notes of yummy wild berries, juicy dark plum and bergamot accords give it a delicious fruity scent. The main note of the heart is velvety red flower (Celosia), but Sambac jasmine and rainbow plumeria are also included there. The base contains cashmere, patchouli and liquid praline which give it that give it a touch of maturity in the overall scent. These all combine to produce a smell that is absolutely amazing, sweet but not sickeningly sweet. It reminds me of Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf which is a definite pro since it I one of my favorite fragrances.

Now back to the name, Katy Perry named her third fragrance Killer Queen after the song written by Freddie Mercury also called killer queen which describes a powerful women who can captivate a room when she walks in. continuing in the theme of royalty the bottle’s shape is Inspired by a Queen’s scepter, the jewel-shaped bottle portrays sexy sophistication and luxury topped with royal gold crown cap showcasing Katy Perry’s crest. The only negative thing about this fragrance is its staying power. It lasts for plus/minus 5 hours which is alright if you are planning on carrying the gorgeous but big bottle everywhere you go for touch ups for when the smell fades. Finally I would thank BeautyBulletin for this incredible opportunity.
B
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply