4.9 49 0.5
Fragrances November 07, 2013 664
Killer Queen by Katy Perry
(Updated: July 02, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The perfume comes in a regal red and gold bottle that resembles a queen's crown and sceptre in one. The bottle reminds me of those medieval potion capsules that queens use in fairytales. It is quite a pretty bottle and would be fun to display on your dressing table. Katy Perry was initially inspired by Queens Song Killer Queen that portrays a strong and powerful woman.

The perfume contains strong top notes of Dark Plum, Bergamot and Wild Berry with base notes of Liquid Praline, Casmeran and Natural Patchouli. The heart notes are Red Velvet Flower, Rainbow Plumeria and Natural Jasmin Sambac. On its initial spray the dark plum and wild berry notes come through very strong at first but fades out as the scent turns into the sweet red velvet flower scent.

I have to admit that I am not a fan of this perfume at all. The scent is quite musky, deep and dark at first but fades into a very overbearing sweet scent. It reminds me of cheap perfume that they sell at pharmacy stores. It smells like something from my grandma's toiletry bag, musky yet sweet. With many celebrity fragrances out there, this one is as generic as the rest. There is nothing that sets this scent apart. It definitely smells similar to Lady Gaga's Fame fragrance but has a darker undertone. I won't be rushing out to buy it.

Thumbs down from me!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply