4.9 49 0.5
Fragrances November 07, 2013 665
Killer Queen by Katy Perry
(Updated: July 02, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I am not the biggest fan of celebrity perfumes, mainly because a lot of the time the perfumes are too sweet or powdery for my liking. I also find that they often do not last all that well throughout the day and the bottles can at times also be rather “cheap and nasty”. So when I received the Katy Perry Killer Queen perfume sample to test out I had rather low expectations.

First off, the image of the perfume bottle really caught my eye. The shape of the bottle makes me think of a magic potion bottle, however it is said to represent a red ruby which plays well into the royalty theme in an almost fairy tale like way. The perfume itself opens with top notes of Dark Plum, Wild Berry and Bergamot. This gives it a deep, dark sugar kind of scent that is heavenly. The heart of the perfume is Red Velvet Flower, Rainbow Plumera and Natural Jasmine Sambac that balances the sweet fruity smells with a delightful floral tone. The base notes are Casheran, Natural Patchouli Heart and Liquid Praline.

This perfume is perfect for Autumn evenings which is unfortunate timing for South Africa’s season, however it wouldn’t stop me from wearing it now. I also feel that this perfume is more suited for ladies in their 20s and 30s, which I personally love. Celebrity fragrances are usually created for the teen market and not for older markets.

I have been wearing the perfume for about a week now and find that it lasts relatively well. I am personally very happy that it lasts well throughout the day and by the evening it is hardly noticeable. If you want something that lasts well over 12 hours then this won’t impress you all that much.

This perfume strikes a beautiful balance between fruity, sweet and earthy. It is sophisticated and feminine. It is definitely a perfume I would consider purchasing a bottle of!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
October 21, 2013
Thank you for this review :-) There's nothing erode then having an expensive perfume an it only lasts for a little bit.

Will check what it's retailing for an add to my birthday wishlist
N
Nuri1
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply