4.9 49 0.5
Fragrances November 07, 2013 664
Royal Review - Killer Queen by Katy Perry
(Updated: July 02, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I watched the fragrance commercial for Katy Perry's third fragrance, Killer Queen before I had even tested out the product. It features the beautiful Katy Perry as a Queen wearing an absurdly voluminous platinum blonde wig and sporting white ashy eyebrows. She has a glam squad around her, dressing her, doing her makeup etc. yet she finds this so called glamorous experience extremely excrutiatingly boring and tiresome. So she pushes everyone away, steals a guard's knife and cut's off the bottom of her crimson ballgown, removes the wig and let's her hair down. She sprays herself with Killer Queen and confidently struts through the castle, perfume sceptre in hand, shocking the Royals before assuming her rightful position atop a throne.

I absolutely fell in love with the ad campain before I had even tried out the perfume.

After testing out the product, I've come to realise that this fragrance is definitely in my top 3 favourites. It includes notes of Dark Plum, Wild Berry, Bergamot, Red Velvet Flower and Jasmine Sambac. The fruity and and floral notes make this fragrance extremely lusciously feminine whislst the Patchouli Heart and Cashmere adds notes of luxurious, deep, sophistication - A fragrance fir for royalty.

I'm sure it must have been some what of a mental thing afer watching the fragrance commercial, but after trying out Killer Queen, I felt extremely confident! I envisioned myself, bejeweled crown on head, "owning my throne". I love this fragrance because it's girly and playful but not overwhelmingly sweet. I particularly adore the regal looking, ruby shaped bottle that it comes in. Who says rubys are only meant for your jewellery box?

“When I was creating Killer Queen, I was really inspired by the idea of a strong, confident woman in power and that is exactly what I hoped to put into this fragrance, something that brings out the power inside of you.” - Katy Perry

I think that Katy Perry definitely materialised her dream of what Killer Queen should be. If you're looking for a sensory confidence boost, and want to smell as beautiful as you look all you need is a few spritzes of Killer Queen by Katy Perry.

M
6 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
October 21, 2013
Sounds great!

I'm sure we all have a few people we would like to shock with sceptres! :)
A
Azraa
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply